Special Needs

routine dentist visit - age and results

At what ages were your children's first visits to the dentist and what were the results? DS1 (who has autism) just went for the 2nd time right after his 4th birthday.He got x-rays (I'm so proud of him!) and they brushed his teeth (he freaked out over the toothpaste flavor, but they got it done). I am thrilled with the results especially since he has NO CAVITIES! I know we're lagging as far a recommendations go, but I'm doing my best. DS2 is 2.5 years old and hasn't been yet. I know he needs to go and I will plan it soon. Just wondering what other people's experiences were with 2, 3 and 4 year olds. I'm expecting it to be rough with DS2.

Re: routine dentist visit - age and results

• Oops, I actually meant to post this in 24+ months and up. But go ahead, have at it.  :)  I'm especially interested in responses about typical children.

• DD1 has SPD and her 2 trips to the dentist were completely different. First time was easy peasy. The second time I had to bring my 3m/o, who started wailing as soon as we sat in the chair, which set set off DD1. They were barely able to clean her teeth and the dentist held my baby in the other room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"