February 2015 Moms
Options

Will be induced at 41w on 2/23/15

My appt at L&D to be induced is early @6am on Monday and I'm so nervous! I've read on other induction stories, you shouldn't eat after midnight the night before...I'm wondering if that's true? I asked my doctor if there was any special instructions prior to my induction, he said no! But I'm wondering if from experience what some of you recommend? Also if you can advice on anything I should know before the day I would appreciate it! Please do not tell me to read other induction stories to find the answers or advice I'm looking for because I already have but did not find it useful for me. Thank you!

Re: Will be induced at 41w on 2/23/15

• Options
    I was told not to eat 8 hours before but that's in case I end up in a c section because I'm trying for a vbac

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @Dani_Love‌ I am in fear of it ending up as a c-section. But I sure hope not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    camilu87camilu87 member
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting induced just before you...7:30pm on 22nd (ah tmw!). I'm very anxious as well. My mother in law is a labor and delivery nurse in Texas though and she has talked me down quite a bit. She said since doctor also didn't give me food restrictions before I should eat well (not over stuffed or anything) before going in to the hospital. By the time I would need a c-section (hopefully never!) the food will be passed anyways. She also told me the reasons for my induction are more likely to make me need a c-section if I don't get induced now so I'm giving in to the induction. It is more important to me that baby doesn't come c-section than anything else. Hope that kinda helps you...good luck with your induction!

ETA: she did mention to avoid spicy or greasy foods before induction though...
    Married the love of my life October 13th, 2012!
    BFP June 12th, 2014 (very faint), BFP June 13th, 2014 obviously positive

Our First Baby!
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Team Green!
  • Options
    maryxc1maryxc1 member
    edited February 2015
    I was induced with both my children. The first was because he was 41 weeks. They told me to eat a good dinner and come to the hospital at 6:00 pm. The plan was to insert Cervicil for 12 hours and start Pitocin the next morning. They said I could snack until midnight but nothing after that. By the time I got to the hospital I was already having contractions, so the Cervicil was enough to get things going and they never used the Pitocin.

With my second, I got preeclampsia. At my doctors appointment in the morning he said to be back at the hospital in a couple hours. I ate a small lunch and went in. This time they didn't allow me food after the Cervicil was inserted. They left it in again for 12 hours while I had mild contractions through the night. Mid morning the next morning they weren't picking up and I wasn't dilating very much so they started the
    Pitocin.

I wanted to go med free both times (see how well that worked). With the first I ended up having an epidural because it was a very slow labor and I could only handle the bad contractions for so long. With the second, I called for the epidural at 6cm but by the time they got there I was complete and ready to push. I went from 6cm to she was here in about 45 minutes. I assume that was because of the Pitocin. I have always heard that Pitocin contractions are more painful, but I am not sure they were much different. I also think it makes things move faster so fewer of them.

I was worried about not eating for so long because I get shaky and nauseated when I don't. It really wasn't a problem, though. Yes, I was hungry but they had glucose water in my IV so I didn't have any physical issues.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
  • Options
    I was induced with DD and am going to be this time as well. They told me to eat before coming but nothing heavy or greasy. I am almost completely effaced this time as well as with DD so they just start me on Pitocin right away. With DD it was quick with intense contractions as soon as my water broke. I'm hoping this time around is the same way. Fast. Good luck!
  • Options
    Tomorrow's my due date. I was 10 days late with DS and I'm not sure I can handle waiting that long again if this one decides to hold out too. DS was 10# 3oz. This info from you gals has been very informative in case I go for induction. Thanks for sharing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FTM Getting induced tonight at 6pm!! 40 weeks 3 days.. Super excited, anxious, nervous and ready!! I wasn't given any food restrictions either so I plan on continuing my day normally(besides sleeping as much as possible) until this evening!
    I had a 90% thought up birth plan of all natural.. (The other 10% was to be flexible) Now I just want to meet my son weather it be induced or not! Ultimate goal.. Happy healthy baby!!

The end is in sight..Cant wait to hold my son!!
  • Options
    I had a cervidil induction and was admitted at 6pm (cervidil is supposed to be in for 12hrs). Hubby and I went out to dinner before, and after admission was only allowed a full liquid diet. After midnight I was NPO. I do remember on the delivery papers my midwife gave me that said a light breakfast would be permitted. Trust me though, after the induction process is started, food will be the last thing on your mind!!
  • Options
    Thanks to all you mommas! Your words were indeed helpful! My goal at the end of what ever may come my way, is for a healthy baby to finally bring home! The process of what should happen with our body moves so slow with me. But I was so happy that yesterday morning I finally lost my mucous plug!!! I was Seriously overjoyed! Haha I would've thought a few contractions would come my way...but Nope, none. So I'm hoping another milestone happens today!!
  • Options
    I was told to eat before I got there-I was shoving donuts in my mouth during check in.
  • Options
    Thinking of you, @patti26! Keep us posted!
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Together: 2005
    Married: 2008
    Naming our son after a cartoon character: 2/23/15!
  • Options
    Good luck @patti26 ! You got this! I was induced this past Friday and it was so controlled and smooth (which I was not expecting) you will be just fine! About 6 hours after being induced my LO was born, Drs said I moved fast but it could happen the same for you too! God Bless!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"