February 2015 Moms

MIL rant - ideas?

Boehrig2Boehrig2 member
edited February 2015 in February 2015 Moms
Deleted because I'm over it. Thank you hormones.

Re: MIL rant - ideas?

• I think it's time husband gets a smartphone and handles his mother himself. Honestly, it sounds to me that you're taking it a bit too personally and she's being an over excited grandma not keeping within acceptable boundaries. In your situation I would either ask her to stop, turn off my phone, or get husband a smartphone. If it comes down to it use a Mr. Number app to block her. You can't block text messages but I've replied to someone with a text that I wrote saying something along the lines of "error:5761 u.s. Cellular customer unavailable." I think blocking is a bit extreme, but if she really bothers you and you've asked her about keeping boundaries that you set and she won't do it then it might be worth considering, for the sake of your sanity.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like boundaries need to be set to begin with. Tell your mil you'll send picture once a week when you have time (or whatever other interval you like) and tell her that you don't appreciate the criticism. Then let other advice etc roll off as it comes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"