May 2015 Moms

Nesting with no nursery to set up!!!

I am 29 weeks today and packing up the house to move, we finally sold and are moving to what will be our dream home! The only problem is, the house isn't finished and probably won't be until right before the baby's due date! This means I have no nursery to set up! I don't even have a kitchen to clean to clean at this point! I've been going crazy getting my renovation arsenal together (I'm a bit of a large project addict) but I have nothing to do with it! My husband bought me an old trailer to rehab in the meantime, but I'm afraid my fun will be over too quickly as I have already designated what needs to be done, in what order and in what time frame.
My other concern is that I will go into labor early and the nursery won't be finished enough for my husband to put together last minute while I'm in the hospital! I'm losing my mama mind over here! Maybe I'm just venting to myself, but maybe other mamas are going nesting crazy but are physically unable to do anything about it????

Re: Nesting with no nursery to set up!!!

• I hear you! We live/work seasonally in a resort town so are out of our apartment for at least another month and have been living with my in laws. I have been online 24/7 just looking at things to redecorate and buy for when we are able to move back in!
  • I feel your pain. Fortunately we aren't in the middle of a move but until we have our baby shower I have nothing to organize! I've turned to obsessing over my sister's pending wedding to keep my mind occupied!

Me: 24  DH: 26

Sept 2012 - Married Love of My Life

AO, possible PCOS

TTC for 15 months - Success!!!

Due Date: May 6, 2015

DS induced April 27, 2015 - Hypertension

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Same here! Our house is constantly under construction & there's still some left to do in the nursery. DH thinks he has until the due date to get it all done so I've been frustrated with him trying to explain my energy levels & physical limitations! I'm going crazy!
  • Same. We are looking to buy (have been for a year!) and have ability to move in 30 days should we find a house we like.

No place in this town home for me to set up for baby. All of her stuff is in boxes...

In the meantime I can go through basemdnt and sort through baby clothes from our first two. Hubby and I also decided it was easier to pack when I'm 29 weeks instead of 39 weeks. Packing when we don't know where we r moving, or when. Talk about feeling unsettled!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me! Haven't had our shower yet which is what we we waiting for before doing much decorating in the nursery and now I'm on modified bed rest and won't be able to do anything until after baby arrives. We did get the crib (without a mattress or anything yet) a changing table and bureau set up in the room but again no real details had been completed yet. I'm just making the best of it and figure I'll use my maternity leave to slowly work on the nursery when I can!
  • Same here! We are currently in a one bedroom house and were planning to set the baby up in the room with us for awhile. Our landlord recently told us he wants to sell the house and we have been looking for a house to buy now. There are so few houses on the market where we live so we haven't found anything yet. It's very stressful not knowing where you are going to live! Trying to stay positive about the change.
  • We are currently in the beginning stages of building our dream home and we haven't even broke ground yet. This pregnancy was a surprise (didn't think I could get pregnant without intervention) and we had just moved in to my parents house after selling ours to begin the process of building when we found out. Our home won't be ready until August or September, so we are stuck in a single bedroom.

Luckily, there is space for me to work on refinishing furniture so that's what has kept me busy. But, it does suck not being able to set up a nursery.
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"