Late Term and Child Loss

Officially Joining

BLPL101BLPL101 member
edited February 2015 in Late Term and Child Loss
I posted my story a while ago about receiving devastating news at our anatomy scan (around 19 weeks, I believe) that our baby will not survive due to serious birth defects. I decided to carry her and pray for a miracle. I had no amniotic fluid, but miraculously it filled and so they gave me some hope that perhaps she might live, but of course, they couldn't guarantee because her lungs were so underdeveloped. She also had an omphalocele (organs outside her body), severe scolosis and clubbed feet. My water broke at 32 weeks and I stayed in the hospital due to risk of infection. The goal was 34 weeks, but at 33 weeks 1 day I started having contractions and was in active labor for only a few hours before she was born. They actually didn't even realize I was in labor and were prepping everything for my c-section when I started pushing and she was out in a few minutes. They did everything they could to help her, but her lungs were just too small and it was clear she wasn't going to make it. Elizabeth Rose was born Monday, February 16, weighed 4 lb 3 oz and lived for about 1 hour. We are planning her memorial service and that will be on Tuesday. I am devastated and so sad to join y'all.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Officially Joining

• I'm so sorry to officially welcome you. Elizabeth Rose is a beautiful name and what a strong little girl to stay in a little longer so you could meet her and have some time with her after birth. I pray you find the strength to get through these very difficult days/weeks/months. We are all here if you need anything. Sending big hugs to you.
  • Welcome to the board. It is a great place full of supportive women.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Elizabeth Rose. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter Elizabeth Rose. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. This is a great board with amazing women who have helped me so much and I hope it will help you too!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in this board and peace during this time of pain and chaos. ((hugs))
  • I'm so sorry to hear that Elizabeth Rose has passed.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I am so sorry for your loss of Elizabeth Rose. Know that we are here whenever you need us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • *siggy warning

I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Elizabeth ((hugs))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• **ticker warning**

I am so sorry for your loss.  This group of women has gotten me through the darkest time of my life and still continues to support me.  I hope you find support here - please let us know if you need anything. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Elizabeth Rose is such a beautiful name. Please feel free to lean on us during this time - you will have many ups and down and know that is normal. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
    Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

• BrittianyMBrittianyM member
    edited February 2015

**ticker warning**

I am so very sorry for the loss of sweet Elizabeth Rose. Sending prayers your way!

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Praying for you and sending big hugs for the loss of your sweet Elizabeth Rose.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Elizabeth Rose. ((Hugs))

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"