Trouble TTC a Sibling

New to this group

Hi all,

It has been several years since I was active on The Bump, but DH and are I currently TTC #2 and I came across this board, which seems like a good fit for me at this point. We have been TTC this time for 12 cycles with no luck.

We decided to have a consultation with the only RE in our area to see if there are any underlying issues. My first appointment is next Thursday. We did not have any issues getting pregnant with DD. It took 4 cycles and then I had no issues during pregnancy, so having difficulties this time around has been confusing and frustrating. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
Married: Feb 2008
DD: June 2011
TTC# 2: April 2014
BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)

Re: New to this group

• Also, if anyone could give me some insight as far as what to expect at my first appointment, it would be appreciated.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi and Welcome!! I am starting fertility testing next cycle. For me it's going to involve 3 bloodwork draws; pre, during, and post ovulation to look at hormone levels, as well as an HSG test to ensure my tubes are open and the reproductive parts look good. Not sure what else to expect beyond that. We have an almost 3 year old and have been ttc for almost a year. Best of luck to you!!
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Good luck to you as well! We also have a 3 year old (daughter).

I had my appointment this morning with the RE and he said we have a very good prognosis for getting pregnant since neither of us had any issues the last time we TTC. We just discussed everything for about an hour. DH will have an SA next week, I'll have my progesterone checked next week, and then I have to call on CD1 (or with news of +HPT, ideally, of course!!!) and they would schedule more blood work and an ultrasound for me around CD3.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Good Luck! 
    Me(28) DH(28) 
    DD(9)
    Expecting Baby #2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We got some disappointing news about DH's SA, but it was something we suspected. He first saw a urologist back in November because he had a feeling there might be some issues on his end. It was found that he had very low testosterone at that time. The urologist started him on Clomid. His levels were re-checked this month and are now within normal limits, but his SA results are "borderline". The good news is that his sperm count and motility are both in the normal range. The morphology number was one percent lower than normal, though. I am hoping that perhaps the Clomid will continue to help and that his SA may eventually be all in the normal levels.

We have not gotten to discuss the results yet with the RE (they just emailed the results to us when they were available) and won't see him again until after I finish with all of my lab work. Hopefully he'll have some more advice after all that.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• PageNJewelzPageNJewelz member
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully his levels increases. Excerise can also help.
    Me(28) DH(28) 
    DD(9)
    Expecting Baby #2

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"