January 2013 Moms
Options

Socialization...need reassurance

So my daughter who just turned 2 in January has been at an in-home daycare since she was 7 months old.  We've had the pleasure of being with her during school breaks and summer as my husband and I are both teachers.  However, I'm due with my second in June and daycare is sooo expensive so I was looking at alternatives.  I found a wonderful woman to come into our house and watch both of them starting in November when I go back to work for quite cheap.  It sounds too good to be true. The only issue I'm having is that my daughter who is used to being with a boy 2.5 and a 3.5 year girl will now be stuck home with her infant brother.  I feel she is soo smart, so verbal, so well behaved and has gained so much from her environment and I'm afraid she'll not only regress but not be challenged being by herself.  Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.  TIA

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Socialization...need reassurance

• Options
    Is their a preschool close to your home that your DD could attend twice a week for a couple hours to get some socializing with kids her age? Would the new care provider be willing to take her or do other activities like library program or a gym class? I think that would help!! BTW this board is dead, I think I'm the only one left :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ask your provider if they would be willing to take your kids to library story time, tumbling, play dates, music and art classes, etc. She benefits too, because she gets out and can be around other adults. Your kids get the best of both worlds: individual attention in their own home and socialization with other kids and activities outside of the house.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"