Infertility Veterans
Options

XP: Intro (losses mentioned)

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and wishing the best for everyone for quite some time now.  I'm GoldenKeys... unfortunately I am not new to infertility treatments and have been trying to have our first for more than three years.    I'm here to give support, to help any way that I can as a moderator for the Infertility boards, and to hopefully make some new friends in the process.

DH and I met later in life but I already knew that I had fertility issues before I got married.  I had several losses in a prior relationship but had stopped TTC'ing when we realized that the relationship was not working.   I am now married to the love of my life!   However, the goal of motherhood has been very difficult.  I had a fibroid removed (myomectomy) and six rounds of IUIs without success.   

Going through this grueling process has been devastating financially and emotionally.  (I'm doing better now though)  IF has also forced me to become a huge medical advocate for myself and an avid reader about any subject concerning TTC.  It's crazy how much bad information is out there.   I joined the support group RESOLVE two years ago and I not only attend meetings but have gotten politically active about healthcare reform.    I have seen a lot of success IF stories IRL from other couples and this gives me hope for myself and others too.

I put my highlights in my siggy.  If you need spam removed, or a troll is bothering you etc please page me.   I hope that you'll have me.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: XP: Intro (losses mentioned)

• Options
    Hi, I'm sorry for your troubles and hope you find success soon. Did you create a new profile for your mod account and have an old profile that you have previously been active under? I ask because part of the "requirements" or board description for the Vets is "... IF Veterans is a forum for those with an active (6 month+) history on the IF board and an established connection to the IF community (IF, PAIF, and SAIF)."

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    Hi, I'm sorry for your troubles and hope you find success soon. Did you create a new profile for your mod account and have an old profile that you have previously been active under? I ask because part of the "requirements" or board description for the Vets is "... IF Veterans is a forum for those with an active (6 month+) history on the IF board and an established connection to the IF community (IF, PAIF, and SAIF)."
    Thanks so much...  I had an old account from way back when that is deleted now.   I totally understand about the 6+ Veterans requirement... I think the best way to proceed will be just to stick to handling spam on this board,  and to be available if you guys need announcements cleaned up etc.

After I've been around for the required time I'll become more active on this board, and I'll be lurking and hoping to see everybody kick IF's rear end in the meantime!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds good, thanks! This board is fairly dead anyway. lol I'll be happy when we have some long time posters from IF join us!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"