3rd Trimester

35 weeks and kicking hard

Hi ladies! So I know that baby movement is important and I have no problem doing the kick counts each day. On that note, the baby (he is a boy!!) is kicking REALLY hard to the point it is very painful some of the time. I am 35 weeks 4 days and a FTM. I'm not sure if it is a mix of kicks/punches and BH contractions, but it is keeping me up all night and during the day he is non-stop go go go and not gentle. I have read and been told by my ob/gyn that movement might not be as frequent due to lack of size for the baby to move, but I wondered if you ladies have experienced extreme movement and an overly active little one and did it get better, worse, or stayed the same right before birth? I have a doctor appointment on Friday so I will go over it then w/my doctor too, but any personal experiences would be great. Thank you!

Re: 35 weeks and kicking hard

• I am currently 37 weeks with twins and they are still kicking the crap out of me.  Worse than it was with my daughter because one will kick/move and that gets a reaction from the other since there is so little space in there.  It has calmed down a little, but still very strong.  Thankfully once I'm asleep I rarely wake up because of it (my hubs does though, if any part of him is touching the belly).  I don't sleep for other reasons at this point.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I truly do not understand the worry over too much movement. There's a human being, moving around, inside of you. Depending on their position types of movement you feel can vary. My current baby kicks me on my side and it can make me nauseas at times. Babies have broken ribs before too. An active baby is a great sign, try to remind yourself of that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah.... I'm with crunchy.
    I also don't understand why you would relate your question to going into labor. It is still way too early for baby to come.
  • I'm not worrying about the baby, I'm worrying about the horrible pain he is causing me. Like I said, a moving baby to me is a very good sign and I am happy that I have no issues w/that, but as a FTM I don't have anything to compare it to and wanted to know if it got better as the pregnancy moved along (because of lack of space), if it got worse, or stayed the same. Also, when did I mention about it going into labor? (Maybe I am reading your response wrong Amstreagle or maybe it was my wording of using the word "Right before"). I just wondered as the pregnancy moved along closer to the due date, would these pains continue to increase.  Thank you though for your responses.
  • estefyp4estefyp4 member
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSagdvWP1BE
    While it's sometimes painful it's also amazing to see and feel.. you only have a couple more weeks!!

((Just want to state this is not my belly but sometimes it does look and feel like this))

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• @estefyp4 Great video! I have an anterior placenta so you can't see much but it sure does feel like what that belly shows!

OP- do you have a sweet tooth? My little guy moves like crazy when I have sugar so I'm trying to keep that to a minimum but more so to cut back on sugar in general than to stop baby movement. Sure, I feel jabs and little "pains" when he kicks my ribs but not worried he's hurting me. I'm also a FTM so no idea how long into pregnancy this lasts but I hear they move all the way up to the pushing. You should talk to your Doc about your pain concerns. Good Luck!
  • It's NOT way too early for the baby to come first of all.  I've delivered that early before.  My husband was delivered 6 weeks early.  It happens.  Secondly, my baby kicks hard. (3rd pregnancy for me)  So hard that it feels like she's coming right through my body.  It hurts & I'm sorry that you're going through this.  Talking to your dr should help calm your fears.  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"