2nd Trimester

weight gain

How much weight is typically gained during the third trimester? I know most of the gain in the last month or so is the baby... Just want to stay on track and be healthy. I'm at 23 weeks plus 4 days and have gained 13lbs so far. (I was technically overweight when i conceived, but by not even 10lbs) not sure if that matters...

Re: weight gain

• Google "pregnancy weight gain week by week" and there are handy dandy calculaters that tell you the range you should be in for each week :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I am 20 weeks pregnant today. Since last month I put on 6.5lb and my doctor got mad at me. He said I should be gaining LESS than 4lb a month. 15-20lb MAX TOTAL my entire pregnancy, but everyone is different!
    Dont google it. Ask your doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It differs from woman to women and from pregnancy to pregnancy. Try not to obsess over your weight gain or lack thereof.
    If your OB isn't worried then neither should you.
  • I'm 22+2 weeks and I've gained 13.5lbs so far and most of it has been in my second trimester. Drs haven't said anything to me about it.I think it's because I was a little underweight when I first got pregnant so it's encouraged to gain a little bit more than the usual. I hear 25-30lbs is the norm. In some baby books it breaks everything down for you.
    Just FYI my sister gained a lot of weight in her first pregnancy, but it was mainly a lot of swelling and water retention. It's easy to focus on the numbers, but as long as you're being healthy , that's all that matters :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"