June 2015 Moms
Options

Show us your Nursery

I thought it would be fun to have an ongoing post with our nurseries and/or crafts that we are doing to prep for baby.

Re: Show us your Nursery

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    klkonwi said:

Oooh! I'm so glad you started this! I have all the stuff ordered and the fabric is soon to be crib fabric. imageimage

So cute! My cousin did a fix themed nursery and it was so stinking adorable! I think she found aspen tree wall paper and put that up behind the crib!
  • Options
    @laurendutch‌ ooooh!!! I didn't think of that: that sounds adorable. Crib bedding is sooooooo expensive so I definitely didn't want to spend 300 on fox bedding. My mom sews so I am very excited she can make bedding! If anyone out there sews........ I just want to say I am jealous!
  • Options

No progress to share just yet, but I can tell you that we're going with a mint and coral color scheme and a fairy "mini theme" - it's not going to be fairy overload, but just cute fairy accents. The one I'm most excited about is a canvas that my sister is painting for baby in my color scheme with this quote from Peter Pan: "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

Perfect for the daughter of a librarian ;)

THIS is effing lovely. I love this wall, and that you're a librarian.

As for my nursery, still at ground zero here. Its still DH's game room, with his chair and Xbox set up in there. I've told him he has till the end of this month to move that stuff out and the dresser and bookshelves we already have in. Then I'll paint (maybe) and apply wall decals. I'm going for a woodland theme, little squirrels and deer and raccoons and foxes (all stuff that can be seen in this very neighborhood), so I have some tree decals and little critter decals to put up. Then I'll move in a crib and DH's game chair becomes the nursery chair, and we're pretty much done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i hate to be so cliche, but at he moment my sons nursery will be elephant themed with navy blue/white. i'm still debating on changing it to a navy theme which i love but i haven't found any cute navy themed sheets that i love. his crib won't be white like in the picture it'll be a cherry or chestnut color. 

but anyway this is what i love right now, i'm sure it might change before June lol. 
    So cute! I love the navy accents. I think Target had navy and white striped sheet as that could match
  • Options
    @mellymar‌ thank you! Yours sounds super cute too :) and I had to BEG my husband to move all his crap out of the baby's room. I ended up doing everything except for the heavy stuff myself!
  • Options
    We aren't doing a nursery for this baby, because we are most likely moving right after then baby is born. Here are pictures from my daughters nursery we did 3 years ago
  • Options
    i hate to be so cliche, but at he moment my sons nursery will be elephant themed with navy blue/white. i'm still debating on changing it to a navy theme which i love but i haven't found any cute navy themed sheets that i love. his crib won't be white like in the picture it'll be a cherry or chestnut color. 

but anyway this is what i love right now, i'm sure it might change before June lol. 
    So cute! I love the navy accents. I think Target had navy and white striped sheet as that could match
    thank you! i'll take a look at target and see what i can find!
  • Options
    I haven't done one thing! We are moving the very beginning of June so I can't really do anything yet.. I love the fox theme so now I want to look into doing something crafty like that, @klkonwi !

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Not much to report yet, still cleaning out the room although it's almost empty now, just heavy stuff I can't move. Then DH and FIL are building some walls (weird house where the walls don't go all the way up to the cathedral ceiling), and the flooring needs to go in. But then we can decorate! lol

We will be doing an owl theme with mint walls (even though dh is convinced it has to be pink walls!).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    I bought the crib bedding from PB kids (heart quilt and sheets).... Now just working on picking out the paint color and the furniture!
  • Options
    I'm thinking of doing a nautical theme or maybe vintage airplanes... not sure which one though. My husband doesn't want to paint the walls, so I guess it's nice they are cream colored. :) I love nursery decorating. 
  • Options
    Ugh so jealous! We only live in a one bedroom duplex that we will be in until I graduate nursing school next December. So at least baby will still be young enough to sleep in our room but it'll get cramped I'm sure. We love the idea of doing lion king themed even for our baby girl but we will see what we like once we get a bigger place
  • Options
    Just moved from a 1 bdrm apt to a townhouse so still unpacking. Now at least we have room to put the nursery stuff once we buy it! Need to get working on what to put in there.
  • Options
    Started planning, haven't started buying yet.... Going for world traveler/book theme with the colors.
  • Options
    We had to gut the room, add insulation and run new electrical. The walls will be grey with a shade lighter arrow stencil (from cutting edge stencils) all up and down three walls. We are using 1"x6"x6' pine boards painted in three tones of grey, a metallic silver, and a mint green for the wall where the crib will be (the grey babyletto Hudson crib). I will have her name above the crib on the wood wall in coral letters. Her dresser is vintage and will be painted coral. We are also getting a grey/white chevron glider and ottoman. I will be making custom draperies with coral arrow fabric from spoonflower. She will also have a custom baby quilt made in arrow/aztec prints. I have an artist making a series of 4 prints for a wall, also getting some gold metal arrows to hang. I also bought her a mint and coral dream catcher on a recent trip :) so excited to get it done!
  • Options
    bergas said:

Here is part of the nursery! My dad built the crib from scratch and it turned out so beautifully! Team green!

That's beautiful !! Reminds me of something out of pottery barn kids
  • Options
    All these make me super jealous! We're in the process of painting our nursery. It will be a golf theme with a mix of gray, navy, and green and a variety of patterns.
  • Options
    Love all of these!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm going with a nautical theme! My baby shower is going to be nautical and some of the decorations will follow me to the nursery. I'm actually really excited about the theme, because I have found the cutest nautical things for girls on pinterest !
  • Options
    I love everyone's pics.

Lots of planning and purchases made but we still have to paint and do a few things before I can put it all together. I'm doing a rustic industrial look for my little boy with a wood wall, pipe accents, etc. The colors are gray and navy with lots of wood accents.

For DD, I went with a pink and gray classic elegant look. Below is the link on project nursery.

https://projectnursery.com/projects/milas-parisian-nursery/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    We are also doing a green and coral/tab theme with woodland animals for our baby girl. Think foxes, owls, etc. Found an owl-humidifier and owl pack and play. Inspired by this and ordered the decal already: https://m.allposters.com/link/redirect.asp?item=10372136&
  • Options
    I am team green. I have been obsessed with koalas since an early age and going off of that. We have several prints that aren't framed yet so they aren't up. However the side with crib is already done.
  • Options
    We are doing a train theme. We purchased the bedding from pottery barn kids and painted the room a navy blue on top and off white on the bottom. I have a few purchases I would like to make from etsy and the room will be finished.
  • Options
    murray1234murray1234 member
    edited February 2015
    We dont have the nursery or room even started (I posted previously about finishing my down stairs to make another room for my current youngest) 

but we do have a theme and I am going to put the name in wooden letters and a friend is painting me some frames to go on the walls. 

here is the theme we are going for.... 
    Momma to Garrett (8) Makenna (4) Jordynn (3) & Madilynn (2)

Soon to be Momma to Elliott ( 06.04.15 or sooner)
  • Options
  • Options

So glad you bumped this @laurendutch ! I love seeing other people's ideas. I live 5 blocks from the ocean so we are doing a kind of nautical/beach theme, but I am crafting all of the decorations and haven't found bedding I like yet. I feel like most nauticals are dark blue and red or have whales or fish, but what I've put together is a more pastel and neutrals sailor kind of deal. We aren't allowed to paint in this apartment so I got wallpops! decals.

I love nautical themes! And I especially love that you took your own approach with it by using the pastels - so cute for a baby! Great job! :) 
  • Options

Nautical nursery! Can't wait for my little guy to be in it! Love my grey walls! And once we pick his name we have an anchor to put next to the letters of his name above the crib!

So cute! Careful with the crib bumpers though - don't want the little guy to get hurt when he's sleeping!