October 2015 Moms
Options

Is it possible for men to get the pregnancy symptoms too?

I've noticed that lately my husband is sorta moody while I'm not and he's also getting the headaches and sometimes the nausea..is it possible for our men to get some pregnancy symptoms too or is it just coincidence and I should just give him his space??

Re: Is it possible for men to get the pregnancy symptoms too?

• Options
    I'm not sure, but someone recently mentioned to me that the same thing happened to the men in her family!!
  • Options
    No. Maybe your husband is coming down with a cold and is just having a bad week. Unless he has a fetus growing in his womb, he's not having pregnancy symptoms.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dnis303 said:

I've noticed that lately my husband is sorta moody while I'm not and he's also getting the headaches and sometimes the nausea..is it possible for our men to get some pregnancy symptoms too or is it just coincidence and I should just give him his space??

Also, QFP
  • Options
    I've noticed my husband acting moody lately, too, even when I'm calm. No headaches or nausea. The men are probably just freaking out under the pressure. Cuz, ya know, THEY'RE the ones with the toughest job right now :-)
  • Options

No. Maybe your husband is coming down with a cold and is just having a bad week. Unless he has a fetus growing in his womb, he's not having pregnancy symptoms.

It is absolutely possible! Check out Couvade syndrome! I read about this a whole ago and just remembered now seeing this post. Obviously he is not growing a baby but his body is able to manifest similar symptoms! Crazy! My husband will not want to hear this ;)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_strange-but-true-couvade-syndrome-sympathetic-pregnancy_10364940.bc
  • Options

It is absolutely possible! Check out Couvade syndrome! I read about this a whole ago and just remembered now seeing this post. Obviously he is not growing a baby but his body is able to manifest similar symptoms! Crazy! My husband will not want to hear this ;)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_strange-but-true-couvade-syndrome-sympathetic-pregnancy_10364940.bc
    Oh, Babycenter. Nope.
  • Options
    The common name is sympathy pregnancy. Some men develop similar symptoms because they feel bad about how you're "going" to feel. If your SO is having these symptoms, I'd take it as a compliment. I would,make sure there is nothing else going on but sympathy pregnancy does happen.
  • Options
    Um, babycenter is not a credible source. Similar to Wikipedia isn't credible for term papers.
  • Options
    Lol ok well you don't have to take baby center if you don't trust it which apparently is the trend here, but there are lots of articles and sources about sympathy pregnancy, so it seems that you aren't the only person in the world experiencing it! :)
  • Options

It's true that it was coined as Couvade syndrome, but it's mostly thought to be psychosomatic. It's not a recognized physical or psychological disease.

• Options
    We have a friend who is a marriage and family therapist who told us that husbands can experience everything thier wives do including contraction pain! He said we are so connected during this time that they are able to feel what we do. Pretty amazing!
  • Options
    The only thing my husband did was gain weight and I guarantee you it the was food going into his mouth and not the baby growing in my tummy.
  • Options
    with our son my hubby got the heartburn. He even has my cravings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"