2nd Trimester

Anterior Placenta question

I had an anterior placenta with my second pregnancy - I was wondering if you have had this once, what is the likelihood that you will have it again? Has anyone here experienced this? I am 16 weeks tomorrow and have not felt anything yet... thought maybe I would have by now, being my 3rd pregnancy. 
Me: 30 DH: 30
DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
*our 3rd and our last*
Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15

Re: Anterior Placenta question

• I think its just as likely to happen again. I think my sister has posterior with her first two and anterior with her second two. I had anterior with my first and this one it is apparently sitting directly on top so a little of both I guess? I'm 15 weeks 2 days with my second, and if I've felt anything so far its been really questionable. The doctor at my ultrasound last weeks said the baby was kicking my bladder furiously I guess...
  • I've had an anterior placenta all three times. I guess it's just the way it is for me, I wouldn't know any different.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an anterior placenta and can only feel slight kicks down low. Will I ever feel them up higher?
  • I had it first time around and also this time
  • I have an anterior placenta, and currently 18w5d. Had a check up on wed with DR, and she doesn't estimate me feeling anything from the baby until atleast 21weeks + because of the anterior placenta and it being my first. But everyone is different. be patient, because the moment you start to feel them and then when they become fairly constant you are going to be begging this child to stay still LOL
  • I had anterior placenta with this pregnancy and my first.  For both, I started feeling movement around 17 weeks.  I tend to carry pretty low, so I feel a lot of movement low anyways, but I do feel a lot of kicks and punches up now that my uterus is moving up.  But everyone is different and some women only feel slight movements the entire pregnancy.
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have it and felt absolutely nothing until around 25 weeks. Then he just started trying to bust out all of the sudden!
  • I have anterior placenta and first felt movements in week 16. I'm now 23 weeks and can see baby poking me up around my belly button, so I don't think the placenta is getting in the way!
  • I had an anterior placenta with #1 and didn't feel movement until around 21-22 weeks (but he was also tiny and had unrrelated growth issues), with #2 it was posterior and I felt baby around 16-17 weeks, with #3 I had an anterior again and felt movement around 18-19 weeks and now with #4 I've already felt very faint movement starting at 13 weeks (shocked me! But I am 50lbs thinner starting out than I was with the others so maybe that effected it?) I'm assuming this is posterior based on early movement.

I don't remember ever only feeling it in certain areas with any of my pregancies so I would bet you will eventually feel movement all over, it may just take longer with the anterior placenta. Hth!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have an anterior placenta. Started feeling movement at 17 weeks and now at 23 weeks the movement is constant. Hubby felt his first kick last night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"