October 2014 Moms
Options

INTRO or maybe you could call it a re-intro

Hello October 2014 moms!!!

I'm not really new I was always apart of the November 2014 moms since I had an EDD of 11/3.  So with the sudden change of everyone leaving I figured I would jump over to the October 2014 moms since my LO was born 10/28.  Seems good to have fresh start.  SO just a little bit about me and my little girl and our story.

Like I said I was originally due 11/3.  At 28 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so it was watching what I ate and checking blood sugar.  My Doctor didn't want me to go past my due date to just be pre-cautious that LO wouldn't be to big in weight.  SO the night of October 27th me and DH checked into to hospital to get prepped to be induce.  Now I will say more power to you ladies who went med free, because about an hour -hour and half after I received the cervidil the contractions started and they SUCKED!!!!! It was just awful and I pretty much did not sleep at all that night because I couldn't sleep on my side due to them having to monitoring LO and they would lose her if I laid on my side.  Then finally at 6 am on the 28th I was able to take a shower and they gave me some pain meds ( I know you probably think why didn't give me any at night, the problem was if they gave them to me I was longer allowed to get out of bed and getting out of bed was helping me get through the contractions) Then about 7 the epi happen and I had sweet sweet relief.  Dr said that by 8-830 she would break my water, at this point I was only dilated a finger tip.  So right around 8 come to find my water had already broken and there was was a little bit of meconium.  So our plans for DH cutting the cord and skin to skin was out the window because the NICU team had to see LO the moment she was out to make sure she didn't inhale any.  Then both LO's heart rate and mine started to go all kinds of crazy and they started telling me that I could have to be taken in to have a c-section.  They put me on oxygen to see if that would help (which it did)  Then pretty much we waited around with DH, my parents and DH's mom in my room until was time to push.  The grandparents left to go to the waiting room, and we got ready to welcome our beautiful little girl.  Around 2pm I started pushing and at 2:32 PM we welcomed our beautiful 7bls 8oz 21 inches little girl into the world.  We named Riley and we could not love her any more.  She head a head FULL of hair and was very alert the whole time.  

Now Riley is my big beautiful 3.5 month old.  She has great head control and is soooo very close to rolling over from her back to stomach.  She is EFF (Formula Feeder and proud)  and drinks 5 oz about every 4-6hours.  She loves her daddy ( a total daddy's girl)  She is a total cheeser and loves playing with her toys.  
 Then of course with my pictures.  We have one right before we left the hospital, doing some tummy time, clearly we are Star Wars fans LOL,  not liking that I put her cape on backwards, smiling at her daddy. 
So excited to share in this journey with all of you and watch all of our super cute babies grow!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: INTRO or maybe you could call it a re-intro

• Options
    My little boy was born with a head full of hair too! Did you have lots of heartburn during your pregnancy? It was worse than the morning sickness for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SecretHoodie‌ it only seemed to be bad after I ate certain things

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I've never posted on here, but I am interested in the stories and experiences of other October moms. My LO was due on 10/23, but was born via c-section on 10/14 because he was breech and couldn't be turned manually. He's as sweet as can be, and I love being a mommy! Dominik is his name... He's still working on the hair thing, but he's not completely bald. :)
  • Options
    Hello October 2014 moms!!!

I'm not really new I was always apart of the November 2014 moms since I had an EDD of 11/3.  So with the sudden change of everyone leaving I figured I would jump over to the October 2014 moms since my LO was born 10/28.  Seems good to have fresh start.  SO just a little bit about me and my little girl and our story.

Like I said I was originally due 11/3.  At 28 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so it was watching what I ate and checking blood sugar.  My Doctor didn't want me to go past my due date to just be pre-cautious that LO wouldn't be to big in weight.  SO the night of October 27th me and DH checked into to hospital to get prepped to be induce.  Now I will say more power to you ladies who went med free, because about an hour -hour and half after I received the cervidil the contractions started and they SUCKED!!!!! It was just awful and I pretty much did not sleep at all that night because I couldn't sleep on my side due to them having to monitoring LO and they would lose her if I laid on my side.  Then finally at 6 am on the 28th I was able to take a shower and they gave me some pain meds ( I know you probably think why didn't give me any at night, the problem was if they gave them to me I was longer allowed to get out of bed and getting out of bed was helping me get through the contractions) Then about 7 the epi happen and I had sweet sweet relief.  Dr said that by 8-830 she would break my water, at this point I was only dilated a finger tip.  So right around 8 come to find my water had already broken and there was was a little bit of meconium.  So our plans for DH cutting the cord and skin to skin was out the window because the NICU team had to see LO the moment she was out to make sure she didn't inhale any.  Then both LO's heart rate and mine started to go all kinds of crazy and they started telling me that I could have to be taken in to have a c-section.  They put me on oxygen to see if that would help (which it did)  Then pretty much we waited around with DH, my parents and DH's mom in my room until was time to push.  The grandparents left to go to the waiting room, and we got ready to welcome our beautiful little girl.  Around 2pm I started pushing and at 2:32 PM we welcomed our beautiful 7bls 8oz 21 inches little girl into the world.  We named Riley and we could not love her any more.  She head a head FULL of hair and was very alert the whole time.  

Now Riley is my big beautiful 3.5 month old.  She has great head control and is soooo very close to rolling over from her back to stomach.  She is EFF (Formula Feeder and proud)  and drinks 5 oz about every 4-6hours.  She loves her daddy ( a total daddy's girl)  She is a total cheeser and loves playing with her toys.  
     Then of course with my pictures.  We have one right before we left the hospital, doing some tummy time, clearly we are Star Wars fans LOL,  not liking that I put her cape on backwards, smiling at her daddy. 
    So excited to share in this journey with all of you and watch all of our super cute babies grow!
    My baby is Formula Fed and Ashamed. :(
  • Options
    Don't call urself dumb. You need to be positive for ur child!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ladywithababy DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED!!!!!!! BFing does not work for every mother or every baby. As long as you baby is getting food and is healthy there is nothing to feel guilty about

@apizzlek i don't think I'm dumb just a screen name that I have had for a very long time. It came from the song Dumb Girls by Lucy Woodward way back in the day

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"