5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

5 Weeks-What are your HCG levels?

let83let83 member
edited February 2015 in 5 Weeks Pregnant
Hello! I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have had 2 prior Ectopic pregnancies and one failed IVF attempt.  My husband and I were not trying as I needed an emotional and physical break from a really tough run, but miraculously we got pregnant on our own and by accident quite frankly.  My levels are low though and I'm very concerned. 62 HCG and then 48 hours later only went to 100.  The doctor isn't giving up yet, I go for more blood in 72 hours, but was wondering if anyone had success with low HCG levels in the beginning?  I know I am grasping at straws, and am just waiting for the symptoms of Ectopic to start, but was wondering if anyone had success?

Thanks so much,

Re: 5 Weeks-What are your HCG levels?

• Options
    I am also 5 weeks pregnant and I had a previous ectopic pregnancy in October 2014 (4 mths ago). I ended up having a methotrexate injection that did not work and had laproscopic surgery. My HGC last Tuesday was 370 and Thursday 818.  I had an early ultrasound on 2/19 because I've been experiencing pain in my right side.  Nothing could be seen because the pregnancy is too early. That was discouraging but the doctor said it's normal.  Besides the rising HGC, the only other sign of early pregnancy was the "corpus lutium" (an ovarian cyst that needs to be present to sustain a healthy pregnancy for the first 10 weeks.)  I'm learning a lot but it's mostly because I'm extremely nervous and terrified this will be a repeat ectopic.  

I know it's hard but I think it is important to remain hopeful.  An HGC of 100 still means you are pregnant.  Has your doctor suggested extra folic acid?  Just curious because I have seen other blogs about pregnancies after ectopic and some women take extra supplements.  Pregnancy after an ectopic is terrifying.  I would love to feel excited and optimistic but it's so hard!!! Until I see that the baby is developing inside my uterus I think it will be impossible to relax.  I'm sure many women who become pregnant after an ectopic feel this way.  Are you having any "normal" pregnancy symptoms such as sore breasts, fatigue or nausea?  
  • Options
    I went to the doctor because I had a miscarriage last year.  The first time my HCG Level was 329 the doctor wanted me to triple it.  I went back 1 week later and it was 1044.  Still nervous about miscarrying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was included in my test results yesterday...
  • Options
    @Bocchino? I had the SAME issue (only more than once!). I have been taking progesterone and have had no issues with my last two pregnancies. I SWEAR by the stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"