Parenting
Options

getting rid of lovey

My daughter is almost 3.5 and chews on her little snuggle blankets. I wash them every couple of days but they still stink. She says it smells beautiful. Gag. We tried getting rid of it at 18 months because i thought it would be easier if she was younger but it obviously didn't work. Any advice?

Re: getting rid of lovey

• Options
    I am team let them have their blankies.  My kids are 8 & 10 and still sleep w/their blankies!  Granted they don't stink like the ones you are talking about do but...you're doing wash anyway, so it's not hard to throw them in.  I can see taking away a paci due to potential dental issues but just see no need to remove a comfort item like a blankie.
  • Options
    I haven't dealt with this because my LO doesn't really have a blankie or binkie.. But honestly I would just go cold turkey and then deal with it..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, the only reason I want to get rid of it is the stink. I mean I wash them and it doesn't really go away. DS's cloth diapers don't even have stink issues. I just wish it didn't go in her mouth.
  • Options
    You might try washing them with vinegar and baking soda. Perhaps a soak overnight in such a solution first. If it's just a stink that's the problem, maybe that will help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"