June 2015 Moms
Options

Friday Rants

I'm starting a bitch thread because I need one this morning. 

We didn't have any milk, so I decided to stop at McDonald's for breakfast when I left the gym this morning. The drive through was backed up so I went inside. That was all fine and dandy. I get to work and notice that I have a sausage biscuit instead of the bacon egg and cheese I requested. I fish out the receipt to see if I ordered the wrong number. Nope. They put the wrong sandwich in my bag. And then I notice there's a .69 cent upcharge for the orange juice???? Since when is juice not a vaild option in a breakfast combo?? Is it because you put it in a clear drink cup with the word "McCafe" on it? Seriously, go back to the cardboard cartons, then. .69 cents for orange juice.... you've got to be kidding me. So basically, I got punished for not drinking their shitty coffee. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to just leave this here, or leave them a note on their website. I already know not to bother with the juice upcharge. I'll get some kind of corporate mumbo jumbo. As rarely as I eat there, it's really not worth it. I know shit happens, but man, I was looking forward to that BEC biscuit..... I know, first world problems.... 
Diane
First Timer!
EDD: 6-13-15
Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

Re: Friday Rants

• Options
    Definitely say something! Lay it on thick about pregnancy cravings :)

My Friday rant is about snow. Freaking snow. I know I live in New England and we should expect snow, yada yada, but come on already, a break would be nice! Snow every other day basically and a huge storm every weekend is not normal.

OVER it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @finchfeeder80‌ Say something. DH and I had a horrible experience at Wendy's 2 weeks ago (I was craving a frosty and fries at 11PM lol) - employee was rude and she screwed up our order. We didn't notice till we got home so we called the manager to complain and now we get free fries next time we eat there! Probably won't happen for a while but it did make us feel better to complain haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    And my rant is that DH and I aren't really doing anything for Valentine's day. I know it's a BS holiday, but this is our first one that we'll be spending together since we started dating 5 years ago because we did long distance all through college. He had plans to go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, but my brother visited last weekend for his birthday and between that and bills we decided we shouldn't go out this weekend. We'll still be together which is definitely the most important thing... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. Oh well - I guess there's always next year.
  • Options
    @karalaine1991 That is a bummer! And it's your last one with just the two of you! I was going to suggest to my hubs we could just do a chinese and rent a movie, but we really should go out. I doubt we'll be able to next year. 

@mamabish I saw on the news this morning they were talking about the next system to roll through up there. I'm sorry! A little snow is fun, but it is getting kind of ridiculous!

I actually saw on my receipt where I could leave feedback on my order. You get a free sandwich if you do. So I went ahead and did that. I so rarely go there, it'll probably expire before I use it! 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited February 2015
    My Friday rant is the cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. I live in Wisconsin right now and its been below freezing for...I don't even know how long. A long time, over a month, at least. It's 7 degrees (feels like -5) out there right now. At my OB appt yesterday the Dr was talking about seeing me in 4 weeks and "we'll be thinking about spring!" At this I perked up and asked if we would he heading towards spring at that time (it's our first winter here, at least we moved from NYC so we know what real winters are) and she laughed. No... We'll just be thinking about it, is all.
    It's pretty sad when the idea of a 40 degree day sounds really awesome.
  • Options
    My rant is about pantyhose.  Man I hate them!  The maternity ones are so expensive and all of the other kinds don't sit nicely or fit my belly.  Ugh!  I am wearing a normal pair today and they are tight on my belly (they are waist band free and not control top, normally I love them, but not pregnant).

I also am done with winter.  The snow, the cold, all of it. Go away! :P
  • Options
    ksimo6 said:

karaelaine1991  - I am in the exact opposite situation.  We NEVER go out on V-Day.  We get a Papa Murphey's Heart Pizza and watch movies in our pajamas.  I LOVE IT.  But this year, my BIL wanted to go to dinner and a movie with his wife and invited us.  Before I could say no, my husband had committed us.  And the movie is freaking 50 SHADES OF GREY.  Noooooo!  I have no desire to see that movie. And I'm pregnant so I can't drink wine out of my purse in the theater the entire time.  Whine. Whine. Whine!

Oh I love pizza and movie nights! I think DH is making dinner which is still really nice so that's good at least. I just was looking forward to a night out, we don't get too many of those since I'm in grad school and we're both only a year out of undergrad. Student loan payments suck up all our money haha. Ugh I am not envious of you for seeing 50 Shades though! I haven't read the book and I have no desire to!
  • Options
    My Friday bitch is about MIL's cat. I love the cat to death, she's the cutest little source of allergies ever and she's always been enamored with me, but for the love of god can we get her spayed already?! All damn day and night she cries and it has reached a point way beyond being obnoxious. I feel bad for the poor thing, in and out of heat every couple of weeks, but I swear that meowing is going to send me to the looney bin. I keep debating on whether or not I want to kidnap her and get her fixed behind MIL's back or just grin and bare it until we move out in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    @MamaBish‌ so with you! I work at a local grocery store and we are nuts between valentine's day and this storm...I'm finidng I don't have patients for people's stupidity! I may take a valentine's heart that says kiss me and pin it to my butt! Haha
  • Options
    My Friday rant is about teenagers. My DH and I are houseparents at a group home. We currently foster 5 teenage girls, plus our two biological DD (yes, this explains my anxiety/depression). We love them all very much, but some days they all make me want to run and hide. We run around constantly taking care of their needs without even as much as a "thank you." Instead, we get "why can't you do a coconut oil treatment on my hair right now? Are you really THAT busy?" Or "you're answer is always 'no'. Why can't I go to so and so's party? Yes, there will be under aged drinking and no parents but everyone is going and you're just being mean." Ugh!!! Give me a break!!!
  • Options
    My rant is about the bump's stupid weekly videos. Well...most of the time they're no stupid. But I was watching the one for 21 weeks this morning and the girl said my baby's 'vajayjay' is forming. What the heck! As mothers to be who have created these children by having sex (most of the time) can't we just say vagina already? I mean, I don't ask my doctor about my vajayjay!

Really it's one thing to not want to say it to kids (which isn't done in my house, we just say vagina) but to adults?! Sheesh!
  • Options
    My rant/bitch/plea of insanity is about my stupid hormones affecting my ability to focus. I've never been ADD or had major problems focusing on tasks before, but I just cannot think straight. Missing deadlines at work because I'm on my phone (haha on The Bump) or because I'm looking something up for the 10th time because I already forgot is going to get me into trouble. I guess pregnancy brain is real and it's driving me crazy!
  • Options

My rant/bitch/plea of insanity is about my stupid hormones affecting my ability to focus. I've never been ADD or had major problems focusing on tasks before, but I just cannot think straight. Missing deadlines at work because I'm on my phone (haha on The Bump) or because I'm looking something up for the 10th time because I already forgot is going to get me into trouble. I guess pregnancy brain is real and it's driving me crazy!

I am absolutely experiencing this. I have never been a forgetful or inattentive person, but oh boy. I swear this baby ate my brain! A few weeks ago, I took a shower and when I was done I realized that instead of bringing my bathrobe into the bathroom, I'd grabbed my winter coat!
  • Options
    My DD pooped on the ONLY pair of jeans that fit me right now and we are out of laundry detergent. That is all.
  • Options
    mellymar said:

My Friday rant is the cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. I live in Wisconsin right now and its been below freezing for...I don't even know how long. A long time, over a month, at least. It's 7 degrees (feels like -5) out there right now. At my OB appt yesterday the Dr was talking about seeing me in 4 weeks and "we'll be thinking about spring!" At this I perked up and asked if we would he heading towards spring at that time (it's our first winter here, at least we moved from NYC so we know what real winters are) and she laughed. No... We'll just be thinking about it, is all.
    It's pretty sad when the idea of a 40 degree day sounds really awesome.

I live in Wisconsin too!!!! I can't wait for spring!
  • Options
    babybean9 said:

rrroy13 said:

My Friday rant is about all the meanies on Bump who always feel the need to respond with a snide "ask your doctor" remark. I hardly ever post but do like reading other women's questions because I'm usually thinking the same thing. I look at Bump as a group of girlfriends- people I would just want to float ideas or questions by, or see who has been in a similar situation. I'd bet there's not a woman on here actually looking for medical advice so the annoying "we're not doctors" response is so rude. Of course your not. But perhaps my appointment is tomorrow, or I called and am waiting for a call back and just want some company. And I'll end this rant here: if there is a poor girl on here in such a position that she truly needs advice and doesn't have a doctor- something, anything, is better than nothing. I'd like to see a Bump policy "if you do to have a something nice or helpful to say, dont say anything at all."

There's a difference between wanting people to share similar experiences and literally asking a questions only a doctor could answer. There is nothing more we could say other than "ask your doctor", and that's sincerely the best advice. What if an OP took our advice/input and something bad happened to her or her baby?

It's extremely annoying having repeat posts and stupid questions we can't know the answer to.
    Yeeeeees @rrroy13‌ . people often come off as jerks with those responses even if they are honestly well intentioned. Tone is so hard to determine on forum. I tend to assume posts about medical questions are primarily people looking for someone with similar experiences, even if they seem to be phrased as seeking medical advice. But yes @babybean9‌ repeat posts get super lame super fast a la "placenta pervia" and "I can/can't feel the baby move."
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @katyertl‌ - For real. I've truly been longing for a 40 degree day. Considering I grew up in SoCal, the idea of a 40 degree day would have baffled me before. Now I think it sounds just fine. 50, great. 60, fantastic. 70 - AMAZEBALLS. But I'll take 40 right now. Sure.
  • Options
    @mellymar I would totally take 40! Heck at 25 lately it's been why do I need a jacket it's warmer than -5 out!
  • Options

ksimo6 said:

karaelaine1991  - I am in the exact opposite situation.  We NEVER go out on V-Day.  We get a Papa Murphey's Heart Pizza and watch movies in our pajamas.  I LOVE IT.  But this year, my BIL wanted to go to dinner and a movie with his wife and invited us.  Before I could say no, my husband had committed us.  And the movie is freaking 50 SHADES OF GREY.  Noooooo!  I have no desire to see that movie. And I'm pregnant so I can't drink wine out of my purse in the theater the entire time.  Whine. Whine. Whine!

I'm so happy I'm not the only person who doesn't want to see that movie. I didn't read the books, either. No desire. I read a review on BBC's website, and I have a feeling you're really going to be missing that wine by the end! I'm sorry you have to go through that. 

I don't want to see it either!! I thought Ibwas the only female under 40 who didn't!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"