Late Term and Child Loss
Options

••••TTCAL Check-in 2/12••••

Welcome to the TTCAL check-in! Hope you have had a good week and we would love to hear an update from you! Please don't be shy in asking the PGAL/PAL ladies questions if you have them.

Where are you in your TTCAL journey?

Do you have any relevant upcoming appointments?

QOTW: What emotion(s) do you feel you struggle with most while TTCAL? What do you do to help yourself deal with that?

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.

Re: ••••TTCAL Check-in 2/12••••

• Options
    Where are you in your TTCAL journey? Cycle 4 Day 12 - I have started temping in addition to OPK's so hopefully things will play nice in the upcoming months. We were able to get pregnant so easily last time - this time has been frustrating. There have been several months were my cycle has been in excess of 50+ days but it has been sporatic. Last cycle

Do you have any relevant upcoming appointments? Nothing new

QOTW: What emotion(s) do you feel you struggle with most while TTCAL? What do you do to help yourself deal with that? To me there is always self doubt - what if I wasn't meant to have children. What if our second child also gets cancer (according to doctors there is a less than 1% chance)? What if it was something I did during my last pregnancy? Honestly, I just try to get through these and tell myself that it was completely out of my control. I want nothing more to have more children and I just have to trust that it will happen when it is time.

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week? This week it has been all about learning the ends and outs of temping. Un-TTCAL related - we are purchasing a boat this week so it will be nice to get out on the water and do some fishing.
    Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    @jenn.schott - I can relate to your frustration with it taking longer this time! We are also on our fourth cycle trying, which I know is nothing compared to other ladies both here and IRL, so I hate to complain, but it happened so quickly before that we also assumed it would be so easy this time. ((Hugs)). Hang in there. Temping can take a little while to get the hang of, but it is worth it, and will really help you see what is happening with your cycle each month. Also, hope the boat purchase went well - how fun!

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Where are you in your TTCAL journey?
    Cycle 4, CD 19, 6 DPO

Do you have any relevant upcoming appointments? Nope, although we finally got to meet with my new OB two weeks ago, which was a huge relief. I really like him, he is very proactive and upbeat about a future successful pregnancy, and wanted to start me now on low dose aspirin, increased vitamins and Folic acid, and is referring me to the perinatologist now rather than waiting til we get pregnant, which I like. (For those who don't remember, my old OB moved out of the area at the end of last year, so I was feeling pretty anxious about not having a doctor I knew and felt comfortable with.)

QOTW: What emotion(s) do you feel you struggle with most while TTCAL? What do you do to help yourself deal with that? I've really been struggling with depression lately, which when I am in the fog of the depression, I feel as though I can't do it all again and I don't want to try again. Then when the fog lifts, I feel normal and realize how much I do want another baby. It's been very emotional and frustrating lately. MH and I have had many conversations and that always helps me to see how i know I feel, even in the midst of the fog.

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week? Just hoping this is it. I feel like we had good timing, and I just feel so ready.

• Options

@stefuge - I am glad that it went so well with the new OB. I am sure that is a huge weight off your shoulders!

I know my struggles with TTC are NOTHING compared to a lot of women. I admire so many women on here and their strength. I just have my moments where I just want to scream "Can't we just get things that we want easily! We have been through so much!!"

But I digress.....

Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board