Multiples

16 month old twins and 3 months pregnant

it took my husband and I 3 years and IVF to have our twins. We were told we had a less than 1% chance of ever conceiving naturally. Well the drs were wrong because I'm pregnant with baby #3 the old fashioned way!
For those MoMs that had multiples and then a singleton, especially close together, how was it????
When this baby is born I'm going to have 3 kids under 2 years old!!!!

Re: 16 month old twins and 3 months pregnant

• I had two sets of twins 23 months apart, so 4 under 2! It is absolutely nuts
    Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET
  • I am surviving my second week home with a 2.5 year old, 13 month old and newborn twins. I'll be honest- it's much better than I anticipated.
  • Loading the player...
  • It'll be alright.  I did it the other way around, and they are almost exactly 2 years apart, but the youngest will be cake compared to the toddlers.  I still think my older son is a much bigger handful than the twins together.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• My girls are 18 months and I have a 4 month old singleton. It's not as bad as I thought it would be! I have a good routine with them now and it's not a problem taking care of all three on my own. We are actually considering trying for a fourth next year! You will be fine if you can handle twins 1 baby is a breeze.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2015
    Our experience was good. We do have a lot of help from my mom in the evenings sometimes and a part time nanny during the week. DD was 16 mos when the triplets were born. They were home within 6-8. Wks. You will find having the multiples being older is easier. . They can entertain.a singleton is used to all the attention:(.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"