Parenting after 35

Valentine's Day

Anyone doing anything mentionable for Valentine's Day?  We aren't doing much over here.  Since the day falls on a Saturday in my area, and I would assume most areas, it would just be so crowded and crazy I had no interest in going out to a formal dinner when my hubs proposed the plan.  We will make something yummy, hang out, drink some wine and watch a movie or something low key like that.  GOD I am getting old.  

Guennie- how are you doing?  Been thinking about you.  Since your hubby is a chef, is he going to make you something special for dinner?  Hope you are holding up!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Valentine's Day

• That sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day to me!   That's pretty much  been our tradition for 12 years now.   DH always plans & cooks a meal and we hang out and drink too much wine.    Enjoy!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Our church is doing a dinner. We are a small one so it ends up being a lot of fun. In fact our 14 and 12 yr old daughters are some of the servers.
    This year we are playing family fued. Last year was the newlywed game.
    We have never really done anything. We have always enjoyed just being at the house.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope not here. We did go out when first dated. My in-laws are bringing dinner over and god I hope it's something I like lol.

We would love to see a movie on Sunday just need to find someone to watch the baby. I'm going stir crazy being in the house! I'm still recovering from CS so not sure why I'm whining. It's not like I would be comfortable doing anything major :)

Hope you all have a nice weekend!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• We're spending most of the weekend at our cabin in the mountains. Hubby took Friday off and we headed over yesterday after my badly needed hair appointment (my roots were as old as my child plus 2 days :-S ). It's super cold and windy so we're staying in the whole time doing puzzles and playing. Which is good with me since I am attached to the pump all the time anyway... (that little sucker still won't nurse and I just can't decide to stop.)

I brought a bottle of wine and I can'y wait till the last pump of the day to have a glass. Would love two but I'm worried it will mess with my sleep.

Oh, I don't miss going out at all. To be honest, staying in and cooking would be The Perfect Way to spend Valentine's if we had someone who could watch the kids. Maybe another year.

Happy Valentine's everyone!
  • Thanks for asking about me Geeps! I'm doing ok...had my post D and C checkup Friday. Got to my dr's office and the receptionist stood up and gave me a hug, I suddenly started crying. I was emotional the rest of the appointment. Being there just brought everything back. Anyway, he wants me to see a neurologist before going back on birth control because I have these episodes of pressure in my head that happen pretty frequently and he wants to determine if it's a migraine or something else. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up that I could possibly get pregnant again in the meantime but it could happen if we aren't really careful. We don't use any alternative methods. I'm not sure what my h is thinking about all of this.

Our vday was mellow. We never go out or anything. We didn't even have a special dinner because he had to work. But he did bring home chocolate covered strawberry roses that his sous chef made. And he surprised me with a new iPhone. The first iPhone 6, not the HUGE one. I was actually a little upset because I have told him a million times I was happy with my 4s and I didn't want anything bigger. But he genuinely thought once I got used to it I would love it so I tried to be appreciative. I had the cutest otterbox for my old phone and I miss it already!! I'm sure I'll get used to it. In time maybe I can pick out my own case.

My big excitement this week was actually that I found an amazing play kitchen set for my daughter on Craigslist. Actually I found two of the pieces and then a few days later I found the other piece like it was meant to be. We got such an unimaginable deal and I'm ecstatic I was able to give her a quality set she can enjoy for years. She already loves it and pretends to get ice and water from the door dispenser on the fridge, it's adorable! I would have given anything for something like this when I was a kid. I'm so happy we can provide for her in a way I never got to experience.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • We did nothing. I had to work then the rest of the day was normal weekend chores.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Since it was the beginning of the school vacation week we were in airplanes on the way to India so the rest of dh's family could meet DD. Super romantic. But really we never do anything so it was fine. Plus we lost a lot of hours of that day/evening due to flying east. And we were together and I didn't have to cook or do dishes and since it wad an international flight there was wine. So really - it was ok.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"