New York Babies

NYU Langone Maternal Fetal Care Center - Experiences? And Q..

Hi ladies! I am currently in 1st Tri and delivering at NYU Langone and working with the NYU Maternal Fetal Care OB Team there. I went in for my first appointment the other day and although everything went great baby-wise, I had a bad experience with a certain doctor. I found her to be incredibly rude and belittling. She was talking to me as if I was stupid and it was really frustrating. Because it's a group practice there I know that I'll be meeting multiple other doctors through the process but I can't shake the fear that with my luck I'll end up with her at delivery! She seemed like a perfectly competent and smart Dr, and I know that's whats most important (vs. personality) in the long run.

Would love any insight on what your experiences have been at NYU with the OB team. It's such a great hospital and I really hope to deliver there but I'm starting to second guess my choice.

Thanks in advance!

Re: NYU Langone Maternal Fetal Care Center - Experiences? And Q..

• Just sent you a Pm
  • NYU and this same practice is what I'm using. Should I be wary of anything before I get in to deep? I'm 16 weeks. Thanks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies, this is the current hospital I'm using for the pre natal care as well as delivery of baby. So far I've not had any issues with the Doctors. I've met with Dr. Grace Lau and Dr. William E Schweizer. But I would def like to hear more details on various experiences. I'm currently 16w.