2nd Trimester
Options

Bizarre symptom

I'm going to try to describe this the best that I can...

So sometimes when I'm leaning back or I am sitting and twist my torso to reach something, I feel something pop out of my abdomen and then go back. It's shocking every time and doesn't really hurt but is uncomfortable. Yesterday when it happened I thought I felt a little bump under my skin like marble size. It was kind of tender after feeling around in that area. It's just above and to the left of my belly button. Always on the one side in that same spot. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow.

I asked the nurse at my appointment today and she made it seem like no big deal. She didn't even feel for anything. She said it's probably just my organs shifting around or the baby pushing things around. I get that, but it doesn't seem right.

My ideas were a hernia or some kind of cyst...but of course I've been reading things on web MD lol. Anyone else ever have anything like this?! I'm a STM and do not remember this from my first pregnancy. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bizarre symptom

• Options
    I've been feeling the same actually, on my left side also. I think it could be round ligament pain... Look that up and see if the symptoms are the same as what your feeling. This is apparently normal and just from your stomach growing. I'm not 100% sure what mine is, I'm stil waiting to see my doctor
  • Options
    Stay OFF of WebMD. It's evil. Next time you have an appointment, I would ask the doctor to feel it. It's probably nothing and will make you feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd ask your doctor especially if it is tender when it happens. I noticed a little bulging in the same area, usually when I start to sit up from a laying down position, and asked my doctor if it was a hernia. She said it's nothing to worry about and is quite common. Apparently your abdominal muscles separate a little while pregnant and your uterus can poke through a tad. She did tell me to watch for pain or tenderness because that could be a sign of my bowels poking through which is something that I'd need to be seen for.

This definitely could just be your uterus if anything but I'd mention it to be safe since you mentioned tenderness. Hope all is well!
  • Options
    I had the same thing with my first baby! I was POSITIVE I had a hernia or something, but it really did end up just being my organs moving around... bizarre indeed. And the really fun part was the 6 months AFTER I had my daughter when ALL of my organs were shifting back around and it felt like I was playing host to a nest a miniature aliens haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"