Nurseries and Baby Gear

Keep using car seat or switch to harness booster?

For those of you who have went from a forward facing car seat to a harness booster, what's the main difference besides the height / weight limit? Is the harness booster more comfortable for them? Is the car seat safer?
You can't ask questions on the car seat lady or csftl pages.
Our Britax goes up to 70 lbs and 49 in and the frontier would go up to 90 lbs and 58 in. Would I wait until he reached the limit of the advocate and then use the frontier for 20 lbs or 9 ins mor make the switch sooner?
Sorry for the long post. Tried googling with no solid luck.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Keep using car seat or switch to harness booster?

• I don't change car seats unlesss necessary (expired, outgrown, passing car seat down to younger sibling, need slimmer seat etc). They are always making newer and better car seats, so I like to wait till I need them. And I like to 'get my money's worth' out of the car seat. Also your kiddo maybe ready for a booster or other type of car seat when you need another one.

A harness booster is not safer than a FF convertible. Does your child seem uncomfortable? Perhaps as he gets close to outgrowing his current seat, he may feel crowded, or the harness may be too short or something. But I think he will say something or you will notice if he is uncomfortable and needs to move up.
  • The booster is not any safer than the comvertible seat.  No reason to switch unless you are handing down the seat to a younger sibling, it is expired or damaged in some way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"