Babies on the Brain

Planning on TTC/weight loss

About two weeks ago my husband and I went to visit our friends new baby boy in the hospital. He is absolutely beautiful. While leaving my husband told me he's ready to start our little family. I do feel excited to start this new chapter in our life in the upcoming months. I am not on birth control for a while now. I have just started a weight loss program and am taking prescription weight loss pills (phentermine) have any of you ever taken it before you conceived? I would obviously stop before we were trying. We don't plan to try until June/July of 2015. My doctor said as long as I stopped before we were actively trying I should be ok. If you have/had a similar situation I'd love to hear... Thanks in advance

Re: Planning on TTC/weight loss

• I would probably stop a month or two before TTC. But it also depends on how much weight you're trying to lose and how much your weight is affecting your overall health. Also, use this time to establish an exercise routine. Most exercise is OK to maintain during pregnancy (ask your doctor/midwife to verify once you get a BFP), but starting a new routine while pregnant isn't generally recommended.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I agree with previous poster.  I would probably give it a few months off and start taking a prenatal, establish an exercise routine, and focus on nutrition.  That way you can still lose weigh, but focus on building up your nutritional reserves vs potentially depleting them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"