C-sections
Options

Birthing option discussion

So I don't do "birth plans" as far as what music you play or lighting/candle scents. My question though is at what point do you/did you talk to your OB/midwife? I've never had to have the discussion because DS #1 was an easy vaginal birth, DD was going to be but my water broke when I was dilated to 10 so she flipped and we had an emergency c/s, DS#2 was induced at 37 weeks due to oligohydramnios and IUGR and couldn't handle the contractions so he was a repeat C/S. Now DS #3 has been well so far, and we will be monitoring him closer than previous pregnancies, but on one hand I am not sure I'm done having children and I'm worried about risks of a 3rd, 4th, 5th etc... C/S, but I'm also worried about the risks of abruption if I VBA2C. Anyway, I'm 28 weeks, at what point do you seriously discuss birthing options?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Birthing option discussion

• Options
    I think it's up to you and your doc. I don't think you can talk about it too early. Are you seeing the same provider or different doc each time? I go to a practice with multiple docs and you meet a different one each time. But already at the first appt the doc asked me if I was planning for a VBAC or RCS. I was never interested in a VBAC and I told them that and I think they may have noted that in my chart. Then around 28w they did a hospital pre-registration at which point I was told that we will schedule the cs closer to 32w.
    Just bring it up during the next appt.
  • Options
    I've only had one CS with DS and it wasn't planned and I wasn't at all happy about it so I can understand your concerns with multiple ones. Have all your kids been delivered by the same doctor/practice and they are familiar with your history? If yes I think the conversation would go pretty smooth and easy. If this is a new doctor I would start the conversation as early a possible, like now. Of course you can never predict what will happen when LO is ready but it couldn't hurt to have some idea of a plan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, new doc this pregnancy but same practice for all 4. I was set on a Vbac last time but E made his own plans. I have another u/s on the 24th so maybe I could talk then as that puts me at almost 31 weeks.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"