3rd Trimester
Options

FTM, who to have and who not to have in the waiting room?

One of my husband's friends thinks he is invited to meet the baby at the hospital and I only want family around. Who was in the waiting room when you were in the hospital?

Re: FTM, who to have and who not to have in the waiting room?

• Options
    I would prefer no one but DW has a family tradition and so immediate family will be there.  I asked why would they want to be sitting at the hospital for possibly 24 hrs and the answer was support in case you (DW really) needs it.  ok fine.   They can have a good old time being overtired & crazy anyway :) 

Afterwards, while we are in the rooms and visiting hours are open, I am  hoping just very close friends will visit.  And then anyone can come visit us at home a few days after we get home. 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It's a very intimate personal experience and if you don't feel comfortable with that person being there for sure let them know. I've already had to tell a few people no. My mom and my aunt are coming with me in the delivery room because they know how to help me get through it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I won't have anyone in the waiting room. Possibly our parents and siblings the next day.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    I had my dad, DD & my in-laws

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    As it stands, only a few people will actually know when hubby and I head to the hospital, which will be his mother and my parents. Since his mother is disabled and in a wheelchair, she'll wait until we get home to meet the little one(she lives with us since she can't live on her own.). My parents will more than likely be coming to the hospital while I'm in labor and I don't mind them in the room with me during the laboring process, but they won't be there for when the baby is actually born and won't get to see him for at least an hour afterwards as my husband and I are taking an hour for just the three of us to be together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't even plan to announce when my girls are born until we're home from hospital. If anyone makes comment on why they weren't informed or invited to hospital, my reply will be 'we wanted it to be a private moment/time'. We only want parents there.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options
    We had our parents in the waiting room, and chose to let both of our moms into the birthing room. My husband's siblings and my aunt and cousin also visited us in the hospital the next day or two.

The awesome part of the labor and delivery ward is that it's a closed ward-- no one can get in without your approval.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I won't have anyone in the waiting room. Possibly our parents and siblings the next day.

This!
  • Options
    I had my dad, brother and mom there. The waiting room was entirely outside of labor and delivery so it wasn't a huge deal. From what I've been told, various people rotated through to keep my dad company, but all understood that I only wanted my family in with me. After the major contractions started only my mom and DH were allowed in.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just had our parents, but we didn't tell them until labor was further along so they weren't waiting too long. I'm okay with friends (that I choose) coming to visit me while I'm in the hospital several hours after the birth or the next day. Whenever I feel ready. But it's all who I choose and on my terms! DH is going to have to be back and forth from the hospital to home because of our other children anyway.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Right now my mom will be in the room for the labor, but not during delivery. I'm not really sure who will be in the waiting room. Probably my mom, her husband, my dad, his wife, my brother, and my MIL. My husband's siblings all live out of state and probably won't see the baby for a long time. 
  • Options
    I didn't have anyone in the waiting room. My sister was with us in the labor room, my in laws stopped by briefly, but we didn't want people hanging around. We told parents we would call once our son had arrived and give them a time that we thought would be good to stop by. I ended up being labor for 24+ hours (my sister is a freaking saint), and he arrived via emergency c-section at 2:21 am so it worked out well for us. This time around we are having a planned c-section and will be calling my in laws as soon as I feel ok having our son come by since he will be with them. My sister will be waiting for us this time again but she is the only one I want around at first besides DH.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't understand having people in the waiting room. Why would you want to wait for someone in labor? Personally, I don't get it. My husband's family does this, but we never called them when we went to the hospital. My parents did come after both birthS, my daughters, and the triplets.each time, they came about 6 hours later.for our daughter, my husband's parents came to see her at home when she was 6 days old as they were thankfully in Wisconsin when she was born. For the triplets, they came at about 2 weeks old in the NICU.each time, we never actually invited anyone to the hospital. My husband's sisters came when my daughter was 2 days old and we had a pizza night and two of his cousins came when she was 4 days old, but wEre more or less uninvited. They had to switch turn as they brought there are two year old twins who were not allowed upstairs.
    no one else was invited and no one randomly showed up when the triplets were born. It is up to the individual. I consider this a private time.for me, it is not a show, it is new life/s that may be fragile and a quiet time. I was relieved only parents And grandparents were allowed in nicu.its up to you and don't let anyone persuade you otherwise
    I should also mention that of course the triplets wEre a c sect and my daughter was a planned c-section, but turned into emergency when I went into labor 4 weeks early.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    I only had my husband In the delivery room with me and my parents on the waiting room. No one else!
  • Options
    I have a huge family, some of which are going to be coming in from out of town to be there for DDs birth. I am okay with this only because I know all of the people who will be there will accept it if I don't want them in the room for whatever reason. I think it really depends on the person, and who will be there. If you have a demanding or pushy aunt/mom/etc thats a different story. Also, all hospitals are different, but the nurses at our hospital will be filtering guests as needed.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    waiting? no one until after like the 2nd day at the hospital that I had some family and certain friends waiting to see baby.

• Options
    emcoomer27emcoomer27 member
    edited March 2015
    The only people who will even know I am going in are those watching my older kids. I haven't even told anyone what hospital I have chosen. I love my family and his, but I just don't want to deal with the crowd beating down the door this time. DH will start making announcement phone calls once we have had our time and I've gotten some rest. We intend to play it off as "everything happened so quickly, there really just wasn't time to call anyone! Sorry!"
  • Options
    I allowed everyone that wanted to be in the delivery room to be in. As far as the waiting room I did not have anyone waiting. Everyone that was not in the delivery room came after baby was born.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"