Babies on the Brain

Talk me down

Hi guys,

For some reason in the past few weeks I've started to almost crave being pregnant.  I can't wait to feel that excited anticipation and wonder about the new baby developing.  I see pregnant ladies and am jealous.  I know that DH would be tickled if I showed him two lines on the stick (he's a SAHD and so amazing at it).

I have a (barely) 2 year old daughter and 7 month old son.  I hated both pregnancies and did not have easy (or healthy) deliveries.  Recovery after my daughter took months (literally) and not much less after my son.  I have a ridiculously demanding job, and only just got back to work less then a month ago.  There are so many reasons for me not to get pregnant yet.  We have always planned on having 4 or 5 kids, spaced 2 years (ish) apart.  DS happened a bit early (a happy surprise), and I find myself almost wishing for another surprise (but not enough to not be taking precautions).

Why am I finding it so difficult to wait the 5 more months we planned before throwing away the condoms?  Talk me down ladies.
PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Talk me down

• I've had moments of baby rabies then moments of oh hell no! Ty is 18 months and I'm ready to be pregnant again.
    I would give your body a few more months to rest if you had such bad pregnancies, deliveries and recoveries.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to
    do!
  • 5 months will go by fast and it's worth the wait to give your body time to heal since you said your pregnancies and deliveries were tough. In the mean time find something else to focus on thats still family centered. Plan a trip or family vacation. Start a craft project with your oldest one. Anything to curve the baby fever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Goals, choices, plans are very good and keep you on track and organized. Can you just set a timeline and stick to it? I understand the urge, when I have those urges I just think of other things and move past. 2 little ones is a lot on your plate right now, I admire your desire to have more, do you think you would be in a better place if you waited? Hugs mama - climb down! :)  -Cookin'Quiltin
  • That's what I need to hear ladies, and need to keep reminding myself. I like the goals, etc plan so I'm going to set the rule for myself that we can't start TTC#3 until we have our garage converted to the kids play room (our plan for the spring). I also want to be back at work for a full year before leaving again for mat leave. Hopefully those reminders will help keep the fever at bay.

Thanks ladies,
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"