January 2015 Moms

Burping help? Need advice.

how does everyone burp thier LO after a feeding. My little guy will not sleep soundly if he isn't burped well and I'm finding he hates being burped and freaks out! Crawling up my shoulder and crying. In the middle of the nignt it's very frustrating because he won't get back to sleep and sleep soundly unless we get some good burps. Any advice or ideas are appreciated.

Re: Burping help? Need advice.

• I burp DS every ounce. I put him on my shoulder or sit him on my lap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12
  • Try sitting him on your lap
  • Loading the player...
  • Try holding him upright and pulling him up vertically so you are stretching his stomach up towards the ceiling... I have been having trouble burping DD any my mother in law showed me this way and it's been going well so far
  • To add to the conversation sometimes I massage is little back in an upward pattern to help push a burp up. Our LO is such a hard burper and this seems to help relax him a little.
  • Try sitting him on your lap, support his head, and gently move his body in a circle while he remains sitting. Not sure if I explained well. The nurse showed us this with my first, sounds weird but it works well for us.
  • To add to the conversation sometimes I massage is little back in an upward pattern to help push a burp up. Our LO is such a hard burper and this seems to help relax him a little.

This is how my mom taught me to burp my babies and its gets the biggest burps out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So when he is sitting on lap move his body in a circular motion?
  • Yes. It sounds crazy but it seems to work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"