Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

ectopic surgery to remove a tube

hi all
I recently had to have a surgery to remove my right tube due to an ectopic pregnancy. Has anyone else been in this situation before? What was your recovery like and your TTC journey afterwards?

Re: ectopic surgery to remove a tube

• IslandDreaminIslandDreamin member
    edited February 2015
    I am so sorry for your loss. Most of my info is in my siggy. I had a similar experience with right tubal ectopic pregnancy about 2.5 months ago. My recovery was a bit odd from the typical experience because I had a 'persistent ectopic' which is when your hormone levels unexpectedly rise after your surgery and you need additional treatment. I kept my tube so some left over cells started growing and I had to get the methotrexate injection a month later. However, I am part of a private ectopic pregnancy support group on Facebook and I have seen so many women on there who have had a tube removed and go on to have healthy children aftewards. PM me if you would like more info.

• **** I'm on mobile, can not remember what my siggy says so in case here is a warning also living child mentioned***
    I am sorry for your loss.
    I had an ectopic in 2011, with my right tube removed. It took me almost a full 2 weeks to be able to retun to work as a CNA. The first week out of surgery I slept in a recliner as laying down hurt. One of My incisions opened up but I kept it clean and the dr wasn't worried. I still have my scars. The first week emotionally wasn't too bad but it all hit me the second week and I was a wreck. Once I got back into my normal daily routine I thought I was ok but about a month to month and half later it hit me really hard again. To the point of being depressed. I talked to my husband about my feelings and we were going to get me to a dr but after that discussion I started feeling better. The depression went away. Sounds weird I know but it's what happened. We were told to wait 3 months before trying and we did. We actually waited longer. After my surgery I was able to tell what side I ovulated from (pain). Under stress I ovulated from my right 5 months in a row. The 6th month I got pregnant with my DD who just turned 2. The beginning of my second pregnancy was scary because of what I had been through.
    I know there are lots of people here who have lost a tube and went on to have healthy pregnancies and children. Good Luck!

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @sjames2 and @islandreamin thank you so much for your replies :) I actually forgot that I posted here and didn't come back until today. I appreciate so much you sharing your stories. I am fully recovered physically but the emotional recovery has has it's ups and downs, depending on the day and who around me announces a pregnancy. I will PM you about that group islandreamin- thank you!
  • I don't have experience with an ectopic pregnancy, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and best of luck to you with TTC! I have a friend whom lost her left tube and conceived her son shortly afterward. He is 4yrs old now. Sending you lots of encouragement!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers