High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

PRE-E?

I’ve recently gone through a whole schlew of issues that have led to my high risk pregnancy becoming more high risk!  I was already high risk due to DS1 being born prematurely with pPROM.  Then I developed an autoimmune thyroid disorder.  And now, at 36ish weeks, I have just been diagnosed with GD and Pre-E.

I’m currently on bed rest and am scheduled to be induced next week.  I am seeing my MFM weekly and my OB every other day.  My question is regarding Pre-E.  I’ve had headaches that come and go, combined with high BP and blind spots.  However, the headaches actually seem to get worse with rest.  The longer I lay down, the worse it gets.  Is this normal for Pre-E?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PRE-E?

• Options
    If you have headaches, especially with spots, I would call dr immediately.  When I was on bedrest with pre-e that was one of the warning signs that things are getting much worse.  Ask your dr for what symptoms they want you to call or go to L&D. You might consider getting a blood pressure cuff from CVS or a pharmacy to keep track of your bp at home.  Typically, BP is much lower when you lie on your left side.  Have you had a NST?  That can also inform the dr. how your bp changes over a longer period of time.Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"