High-Risk Pregnancy

Gestational Diabetes and Induction

Hi ladies, I just posted in the intro thread. Nice to meet you all! Can't say I'm glad to be here and that you all are here too. I'm glad to have the support though and appreciate all of your time :) Quick question out of curiosity sake. If you have had or have GD, were you induced soley for that reason? If so, when? My last pregnancy, I was induced at 39 weeks although there were no indications of any issues. This time I went with a new OB and same thing. If I have GD, I should expect to be induced at 39 weeks or sooner. Ugh!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Gestational Diabetes and Induction

• Last one, I was induced at 39 weeks because they thought he was going to be big. He was 7 lb. 5 oz. This time, my new dr said if blood sugars look good, they wouldn't induce without some other reason.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was induced at 39 weeks with my 2nd to avoid having a large baby, but they didn't do a scan to see how big they thought she was. She ended up being 8.10 and was almost a full pound bigger than DD1.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was 7lbs 6oz at birth and same thing, they thought he was going to be huge. I understand that they worry about the breakdown of the placenta or risks of continued insulin use. (At least that's what my doctor said) but when those things aren't factors, I just don't get the 39 week induction rule.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was told they wouldn't let me go past my due date but they said nothing about inducing early. My ds was 6 days late (no gd) and he was 10# so I'm not too worried about size.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am a diabetic pre pregnancy. My doctor said for any children I won't be able to go past my due date. Their practice usually induces 1-2 days prior to that. He said same reasons as a previous poster due to the placenta, risks of big babies and yes being a diabetic (pre pregnancy or gestational). I had a healthy pregnancy but do to other risks he mentioned, I gladly got my induction at 39 weeks and 5 days.
  • Im type 1 and due July 9th. Doctor plans on inducing me at about 38 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"