March 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone have a v bac after having 2 c sections?

I delivered both of my children by cesarean... I am having my third child 5 years later. My doctors say that I can try a v bac this time around if everything goes smoothly. There are risks for either delivery method though... Still trying to decide what is best for baby and I!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Make sure you review this site, especially regarding your provider. https://www.vbacfacts.org

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the info! I will try to find the Facebook group. I also went to the site that rm2013 recommended... Very good and informative- helped to ease my fears about Vbac.
  • Options
    I did. Finally had a doc who was willing to allow it. It seems every time I have another baby, the medical community has changed their position on the subject. My first was vaginal, 2nd and third were c sections, 4th was vbac, and this one will be another vbac (fingers crossed). I had a textbook vbac with #4 at 36 wks on the dot, and it was so amazing to be able to be up and walking around in my own an hour aftrr delivery. I labored for 10 hrs total. I drank red raspberry leaf tea the last 2 wks. I'm not sure how much that helped the quality of my contractions, but I'm drinking it this time around too, just in case. I do know that the reason for you previous c sections will probably be a factor in how viable a successful vbac will be. Neither of my c sections had anything to do with my labor not progressing. First one was because I had an infection and very high fever, and the second one was because I had a previous c section. Although I almost labored too fast for them to get me into surgery in time. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"