May 2015 Moms
Options

Who to send invite to baby shower?

so, my husband and I just moved four months ago. I was really close to about 4 girls for the last three years. I doubt they will travel and come to baby shower, but I like idea of sharing this time in my life with them. Do I send them invites or is that tacky and they will think I'm just asking for gifts? Appreciate thoughts either way.

Re: Who to send invite to baby shower?

• Options
    I think you should still invite them...I mean you were close with them for 3 years. I'd just say that you'd like to share this amazing time in your life with amazing friends or something like that. It doesn't make you seem like you're asking for anything, but more like you just want to continue the relationship that you guys have.
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah we've been keeping up via email/Facebook etc and I've sent them bump pics too. It wouldn't come out of the blue that I'm pregnant to them haha or this is the first time telling them. It's just my mom ordered cute invites and they were my closest girls for the last few years. Just wanted to make sure it didn't seem too weird or like only for gifts. I appreciate thoughts as I'm not always sure etiquette you know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually send them a text letting them know that an invite is on the way and would love for them to be there but totally understand the travel makes it unrealistic! The times I have done this I did not receive gifts, I think they got the point that I really just wanted them to know I was thinking of them but didn't expect anything from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"