1st Trimester
Options

newly pregnant and thrilled/terrified!

Hello! I recently got a positive hpt and have an edd of october 7th :) That puts me at about 4w5d. We are so excited to start this new journey. I am already feelings bouts of nausea, and am really nervous for the coming weeks! don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier that we are expecting, and I know millions of woman would love to be in my position and experiencing morning sickness... but does anyone have any survival tips?! I am a hairstylist and am on my feet all day long working one on one with clients... How can I deal with nausea/vomiting at work?? 

any advice or tips are welcomed and appreciated!!

-H

Re: newly pregnant and thrilled/terrified!

• Options

eat a lot of small snacks during the day. get some Zofran <3, peppermints, peppermint water, lemon water....google it, there are a ton of suggestions...you just have to find what works for you and your body.

• Options
    Although I admit my nausea hasn't been so bad yet, I find that peppermint Altoids help when queasiness hits me. Also, I find that I mostly get nauseous when I'm hungry, so I eat a lot of small snacks.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed with everyone saying small snacks. The main thing that helped me was sucking on hard candies (My favorites are Life Savers) but I was never nauseated to the point of throwing up, mostly just queasy. If yours gets bad you can try Sea Bands.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Raspell...same here. I eat an apple before bed or try to have a night snack to ease the morning sickness as I believe it comes from baby being hungry.
  • Options
    I just found out we are expecting baby #2 and even I am feeling anxious too so you are not alone. 
    If you begin to battle nausea or vomiting at work I agree with many of the ideas PPs mentioned. Plenty of water, hard candy, peppermints, gum, ginger ale, and frequent small snacks may help. You are just not going to know until it happens. Or you may get lucky and not have too much or any morning sickness. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options
    Great ideas from the previous posters.  Since you're on your feet all day, can you use a stool or chair while you're working if standing gets uncomfortable?
  • Options
    I'm happy to say I just found out I'm pregnant and couldn't be any more excited ... my edd is Oct 5 just 2 days shy of my own Bday... I'm really hoping for a girl even though my husband says will get what comes :-)
  • Options
    I am also a hairdresser- just make sure you take plenty of breaks. I try to take a 1 hour break every 8 hours or so. 
    I also have extreme morning sickness and have been taking zofran (which has helped)  and the only thing that makes me feel better aside from that is fruit. 
  • Options
    Hi @pinkydogg15, I'm also due on Oct 5th.  Also hoping for a girl, but feeling more ambivalent about the sex as the days go on!  First time mom here.  
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    I just found I am pregnant, 5 weeks now. my Edd is Oct 13. I can't get my mind to stop worrying about miscarriage. I feel good and don't have any signs but my mind runs a mile a minute. I am so excited to be expecting. But am still very nervous.. Any tips?!
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. I took two pregnancy tests and they both back positive but I haven't been to my doctor yet. I know at 4 weeks I am still really early in the process, and I worry about a miscarriage too. I don't even know what to do with myself right now! I am trying to relax and not think about it too much, but my head is spinning. I will probably see my doctor on Monday. I would also love some advice!
  • Options
    I had MS the whole pregnancy with both my kiddos and it has already started with this one. Zofran was what they gave me for the other two but this pregnancy my OB has given me Diclegis... category A (safe for pregnancy) and no constipation side effects like Zofran. It has even worked better for me than the Zofran did. Life saver!!!
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"