Potty Training

Potty Training DS #2

So you'd think with this being our second boy going through potty training it would be a no brainer... wrong!! With our first he was getting into it around 2 1/2 and then my husband deployed and he regressed. I wasn't too worried about it because we kept working with him and it eventually clicked by the time he was 3.  Our second DS turned 3 in October and it just isn't clicking.  We encourage him to go to the potty and his daycare has him on a 30 minute timer which seems to be working but when I bring it home he doesn't make it that long.  We have tried a sticker chart and candy rewards but he still isn't listening to his body cues.  We put him in just underwear thinking that he will discover the "yucky" feeling and get the hang of it but no luck.  We are all becoming discouraged at this point and I just can't seem to get him to understand that he needs to go to the potty when the feeling strikes.  He just laughs and runs away.  

He is also having bowel problem where he needs to be changed every 15 minutes because he has skid marks in his diaper or underwear and he has been changed so much that he has an awful diaper rash. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"