Trouble TTC

IUI using donor sperm

Hello,

I am new to the bump so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong "area"

My husband and I have recently found out that due to his Klinefelters (47,xxy) diagnosis we will have to do IUI using donor sperm. This was a big decision but we have decided to move forward and have purchased sperm, and hopefully will begin this next month. I have no issues that are known at this time-- all of my tests came back clear.

I am just wondering if there's anyone out that has used this? What should I expect from the proccess? Meds? Trigger shot?

Any advice is appreciated!! All of this has been very confusing/ draining!

Re: IUI using donor sperm

• My husband and I also used donor sperm, due to him having azoospermia. We did at-home insemination, though. Have you considered that? I'm sorry I don't have any information on IUI.  We were successful on the second, third, and fourth months trying. The second and third attempts I lost in early miscarriages, but I am 36 weeks pregnant with the fourth attempt.  I'm not sure if at-home insemination is an option for you, but if you have any questions about that I would be more than happy to help you :) I know this is a really difficult decision and I wish both of you the best of luck.
  • Thank you for the information-- this was not an option given by our doctor and my husband feels more comfortable with this being done at the hospital. We are trying our first this month! Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Of course, I completely understand! I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. I really hope it works for you guys on the first try!!
  • Are there any sites that offer instructions? Do you mind if I ask how it all worked? Did you get the donor sperm shipped to your house? 

DH 38- Low Everything
    Me 33- AMH .9
    Married 11 years
    2002-current IUIs, meds, natural = All BFN

Aug. '13  Attempt at IVF #1 with Lurpon Flare- Canceled due to ovulation through Lupron.
    Sept. '13 - We will try again with EPP.

October '13 Started BCP for December IVF. Long Lupron protocol. Canceled due to ovulation through Lupron.

April '14 Planning IVF attempt #3. Adding Cetrotide. Doc consult at the end of this month. 

imageimage                                                   

• We used California Cyro Bank and we had ours shipped to the doctors office-- but you could ship it to home as well. This was the place our doctor recommended to use-- it is very thorough!

We had to put the procedure on hold this month due to a cyst on my right ovary-- pretty disappointing !
  • rere1234rere1234 member
    edited February 2015
    I use donor sperm, we have the sperm sent directly to the clinic. The first two times were unmedicated, the 3-6 IUIs were with Clomid and the 7th was with Femara. With all the medicated cycles I had to use a trigger shot (Ovidrel). I did get pregnant on the first medicated cycle but then lost the pregnancy. I am now moving onto IVF. We are using California Cryobank however the next time I would look into using a donor from Washington state since all their donors are now required by law to be open. Using an open donor was recommended by the clinic psychologist however there are less open donors than closed ones to choose from. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"