August 2014 Moms

Date night?

I don't think I get enough date nights with DH. We probably go out once a month? We went out tonight and it was so nice! How about you mamas?

Re: Date night?

• We never really go out on dates. We have season tickets to the Anaheim Ducks hockey team and I do go with him to some of those so I guess that could be called a date. I would love to do dinner and a movie but I would have to pump in between. I guess I need a little more romance ;)
  • The only reason we get date nights is because my mom lives pretty close and wants to see her gransdon weekly. So it's a win win! Sometimes it's a movie, out for wine tasting, but even running errands just the two of us feels like a treat!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh we had a date night fail this week. We planned for a week to go see American sniper, got a babysitter, got to the theater and it was sold out! I live on a small town and our tiny theater didn't have any other good movies. So we went to get a margarita and I pretty much watched the baby monitor the whole time. Ha!
  • We never do anything. We have no one to watch our DD and no babysitters in our area. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mercedesbenz802‌ after reading your rant post I know it would be hard for someone to come to you and watch you LO. You could check out care.com to see if there are sitters in your area.
  • We've only been out twice alone and that was in October! Boys kids are usually asleep by 8 so we can spend some time alone nightly. Our 10 year anniversary is in April and we're going away for a couple of days- so excited!
  • ekneippekneipp member
    edited February 2015
    Even before DS, we use to do date night in events. Some wine, fruit, cheese, bread, etc and a movie. Since he goes to bed st 7:00 we can still squeeze those in every now and then. Cheap and means we don't have to find a sitter.
  • When my brother and sister in law were her there was 6 of us who went out for dinner and we left DD at home with my dad and Nana. Nana called me every 10 mins saying our DD was crying and would not stop and them my dad call and say DD was not crying and she was all good. Needless to say we are not really keen on going out to dinner again without DD with us.

Anniversary

• We try and go out once a month and my mom watches DS. She can be a pain about having a specific day and a specific time frame which can be difficult because DH work schedule has been all over the place and he is trying to finish is Masters and to hire a babysitter and then go out gets expensive and I am a SAHM so I have anxiety about leaving him with a stranger.
  • Our 'date nights' are on the living room couch ;) I designate Saturday night my night to kick back with a couple glasses of wine, and DH and I curl up for a movie and I stay up a little later because Sunday is my one morning to sleep in.

We did do one movie out at the theatre about a month back, but it just made the night feel hectic. Next real "night out" will be valentine's dinner, and MIL will babysit.

image    image
  • We had a date night planned for Saturday, then both kids got a stomach bug. So definality a fail. Instead of dinner with friends we spent the day dealing with throw up and trip to ER. We've only had a 3 evenings out since dd was born and really need more alone time.

• This all sounds familiar to me! We hardly get out because we don't have many sitter options.
    However we do stay up after kids are in bed, So I guess that should count as date night.
  • What's a date night? Lol. We have plenty of people who would love to watch DD, but I just haven't been ready to leave her. We do have plans to go out for Valentine's Day, but I also planned to have my (practically) niece for the weekend so her parents can take her big brother skiing, and she is too little. So our exciting plans are going to dinner and then picking up my 6 month old and our 4 year old niece from my dad's and going home for a sleepover. Romantic, I know. Lol
  • Haven't had a date night yet. It's time to find someone to watch DD so we can have one.
  • We've only been out for a date night twice. So we try to really make them count. Once we did a couples massage and dinner, the other time we just went to a nice dinner. The next time we go out will be Valentines day... We've made reservations for a couples massage again, and for dinner at my favorite restaurant in the North End.
  • We've had a few "date nights" but mostly work obligations (fundraiser auctions, holiday parties, etc.). It would be nice to get out more but paying for a babysitter gets so expensive so fast. And although MIL always says she wants to babysit and begs for "grandma time" I always end up feeling like she is put out when we do ask. Blah.
  • DH and I have been probably 4 solo date nights, and been out with friends maybe 6 or 7 times so far. I consider us very lucky though since my inlaws live 2 minutes away and love baby sitting and my mom lives 30 min away and also loves baby sitting lol they compete for Friday nights. I am so grateful even having MIL watch DS for an hour so DH and I can go for a hike is an amazing break
  • We have been doing dates at home. It's been to hard to find a sitter that will take both kids.
  • We go for dinner or shopping or the movies or to visit friends. Anything just to get out and just be together. I book a sitter atleast once a month msybe twice if there's somrthing specific we want to do :)
  • DH and I are taking PTO on Friday, but we'll drop LO off at daycare. We plan on going to see 50 Shades of Grey and having some cozy "us" time. This is the first time we'll be playing hooky from work as a date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"