September 2015 Moms

Waiting tables and pregnant.

What is yall opinion about this. Do you think this would be too stressful for me? Should I find a new job?

Re: Waiting tables and pregnant.

• My first pregnancy I was an Endoscopy Tech. Literally 8 hours on my feet, wheeling patients, cleaning, and working super duper fast pace. Super stressful, but I loved my job and worked up until the day I gave birth...so I think it just depends on you personally, but I think it can be done, unless your Dr has you on restrictions or says its not a good idea. 
  • My parents had a restaurant and my mom waited tables til she was 7-8 months. She said she got great tips, haha!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I waited tables at a fast paced sports bar right up until last minute with my first and it was very hard on me but the "extra tips for the baby" were nice lol. My feet were very swollen every day and my back was killing me but I think it helped with my recovery since I was so active. I currently work at a fast paced breakfast cafe where I barely get a pee break in a 7 hour shift because we're on a wait the whole time and I am 6 weeks tomorrow. I plan to do the same until I deliver :) it's Def possible. Just up to you. Good luck :)
  • I wait tables as well. I think it is do able but the thing I am concerned about is the amount of people that will run into my bump once it gets large. We have a huge restaurant with a lot of servers that always run into each other so I just have to be careful about that and especially when they are carrying boiling food.
  • This puts me at ease! Thank you! I think I'll keep my job. As you all know, the restaurant biz is extremely stressful and busy, but if yall can do it so can I.

My boss is a total jerk though. D: he talks behind my back all of the time. Actually yesterday one of my other managers told me he didn't like me. I feel bad for him because my pregnancy hormones have no mercy lol
  • I worked up until my due date waiting tables. My son had become the restaurant baby lol! I was exhausted but I do agree that it helped my body recover. And yes the "baby tips" were the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"