Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Faith Friday Evening Edition 1/30

Good Evening Ladies! I hope you are all doing well. This is my first Faith Friday check-in and i'm excited and a little nervous so please bear with me. It took me nearly all day to find the right verse, and this one kept popping up. I hope that it can comfort you as it comforts me.

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43'2

Do you believe that God has been guiding you through your journey and that he is with you at all times?

Any new Struggles/revelations this week?

GTKY  Do you participate in any church ministries? Please share...

Any Prayer requests?

Re: Faith Friday Evening Edition 1/30

• Options
    jonahsma Thanks for posting the Faith Fridays!  I love the Bible verse. 

Do you believe that God has been guiding you through your journey and that he is with you at all times? Honestly, I have no idea.  I believe in God and I believe that He is here, but I do feel his absence sometimes.  However, I do feel that my boys are with me all the time, always watching and listening. 

Any new Struggles/revelations this week? Nothing new here... but I do think that my boys were here for a reason.  I hope that I am able to follow through with whatever I am meant to do for them. 

GTKY  Do you participate in any church ministries? Please share... I do not.  I am Catholic, but once we started trying to have kids I started going to my husband's church (he is Lutheran).  Our boys were baptized Lutheran as well.  I have not converted yet, and I don't know if I will, but if I do maybe I will get more involved. 

Any Prayer requests? For @dadalou - Nathaniel's birthday is coming up soon.  

• Options

Do you believe that God has been guiding you through your journey and that he is with you at all times?

Yes. Believing that God has been one of my main reasons for being able to keep going. I think I am kind of an anomaly, because when I lost Nathaniel, I never felt like God abandoned me. I felt like "the enemy" was attacking me (if that makes sense to anyone). In my heart, I know God is with me always.

Some days I spontaneously want to burst into tears. It has been a blessing for me to have friends and family who understand and help. I have also been blessed by students who don't even realize how much their little acts of love and kindness warm my heart when it is most needed.

Right now, not really. I live in a town where I don't feel a strong attachment to the churches that are available. I wish I could return to my home church (in Texas), but 1,500 miles is too far of a drive for a Sunday service. :(

Any Prayer requests?

For @dadalou - she was the kind woman who introduced me to this forum and I want to be there for her as Nathaniel's birthday nears.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Ladies!

I hope all is well with you. Hoping you had a nice weekend!

@ikrystal I'm so happy you feel the boys' presence all the time. You have two sweet Angels watching over you and i'm sure they are so very proud of you and Dh and so very proud of how you continue to honor them every day. Keeping you in my Prayers, I know you have a big event coming up soon !

@Morena Mama

I totally get the whole "enemy attacking" I had the same feeling as you did. I remember saying "you're not gonna win this one" And the enemy didn't win because we are here and we are standing firm in our faith. All we need is a little faith to move big mountains! It's so great that you have a support system in your family, friends, and your students!

Keeping @dadalou in prayer as Nathaniel's Birthday approaches (2/6)

AFM......

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43'2

Do you believe that God has been guiding you through your journey and that he is with you at all times? yes

I love this verse. It's a constant reminder to me that God is with me through the good and bad and that he is forever faithful to me.

Any new Struggles/revelations this week? Today is the first time I told a group of ladies from the church my story. It was nice to share a bit of my testimony.

Yes I am a ministers wife and also a part of the Women's Auxiliary group. I actually just came back from a meeting and a dinner and I had such a great time sharing my story and hearing the stories of the other women.

• Options
    **ticker**

Morena Mama  I hope you find a church you can connect to.  My husband and I searched awhile for churches and I know it is hard to find the right fit. 

jonahsma  I think it is great that you shared your story - so many people do not know much about baby loss, and unfortunately it is up to us to spread the awareness.  Plus, you are sharing your baby's memory, which is great. 

• Options
    Hi ladies,
    @ikrystal‌ - you have been heavy on my heart these last couple days - I keep checking in here and on your blog for updates about baby C. Praying for you!
    @Morena Mama‌ - wow, I love that description of the enemy attacking. That is such a good perspective! And I'm glad that your students are such a source of encouragement for you!
    @jonahsma‌ - thank you for starting up this check-in! I am so proud of you for sharing you story with those ladies! That had to be hard, but also a proud moment? I know whenever I get a chance to talk about Colton, I feel so proud and full of love for him. And I love that verse. Makes me think of the hill song united song "oceans" which has been my hearts cry these past months.

AFM:
    Do you believe that God has been guiding you through your journey and that he is with you at all times?
    Yes I do. It's hard, and some days I don't feel Him as much as other days, and lately I have felt pretty distant from Him, but I do believe He has a plan for our lives, and is holding us through all of this.

****PGAL mentioned****

So many. I am really struggling with prayer. Feeling like, does it even matter? What difference does it make? I'm also really struggling with whether we should be trying for another baby or not. I just don't know. And since I'm struggling so much with prayer, I'm having a hard time trusting and understanding what God has planned for us.

****end of PGAL topic****

GTKY Do you participate in any church ministries? Please share...
    Not at the moment. We have struggled with church attendance since losing Colton and have really stepped away. Our church is full of young families and I would leave every Sunday feeling worse than when I got there because of all the pregnant moms and new babies and it was so so hard. We need to get involved again, but I am struggling with that.

Any Prayer requests?
    My prayers this week have been shared between @ikrystal‌ and her pregnancy, and @dadalou‌ and Nathaniel's upcoming birthday. Thinking of both you ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    **ticker**

stefuge  Thank you so much for your support!  I know I've been horrible at updating, but I plan on posting one later today or tomorrow on my blog.  Baby girl is hanging strong and we should have an induction date planned today :)  Also, I can relate to struggling with prayer.  I wonder if it makes a difference as well - sometimes I think that God already has everything planned out, so there is not point.  But at the same time, it can't hurt, right? I struggled with making the choice on TTCAL as well.  I kept going back and forth to "never again" and "I want to start right now."  I hope that with some time, you will make the right decision and be comfortable with it.  I have faith that you will make the right choice for your family. 
  • Options

Ladies I apologize for checking back waaaaay late forgive me.

@stefuge trials like these have a way of changing our perspective on things especially when it comes to our faith and our relationship with God. God knows your heart, he knows your desires and he knows your pain. In due time He will reveal what he has planned for you and your family and it will be beautiful. Even in times of doubt keep praying. Thinking of you and keeping you in prayer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"