TTC after 35
Options

Bbt battiness!

Ok so temping has really sucked for me this cycle so I went a little overboard and ordered a continuous wearable nighttime bbt monitor rather unfortunately named ifertracker. I have the cb fm but am not sure if my wacky temp readings are user error or something going on with my thyroid or cycle. I know everyone swears by temping but I seem to have higher temps from 12 to 4 than 4 to 7am! And my temps don't match up with cb fm. So I'm hoping this will help...anyway just venting I guess will update with how it goes. The therm was $150-Ouch! Well hopefully amazon s return policy will come thru if it's a dud !

Re: Bbt battiness!

• Options
    I only temped a few months and found it very consistent with my opks. (Those were way easier for me). That does seem steep for a thermometer. I went with the drugstore one. Fwiw- there are seem to be lots of complaints about the CB monitor. I have no experience with one though. Lots of people use Wondfos that are inexpensive off amazon. Good luck. It's a lot to figure out and get a system that works for you.
  • Options
    i didn't know they made a wearable thermometer. Were is it measuring the temp ? 
    The data inconsistencies sound a bit frustrating, but at the same time i am intrigued as i am sucker for time series data :)

To test if its working properly, could you wear it during the day and periodically check it against a regular thermometer? 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry @dolphin012 I should clarify I haven't gotten the ifertracker in the mail yet- just ordered it as I'm hoping it will solve my temping probs which are with conventional therms. I will let everyone know how it works when I get it. Ironically this morning again I dropped my therm and was trying to use my iphone light to find it and also not move much while feeling around on the floor and not wake dh! Typical comedy of errors with my temping I'm pretty useless at this hour!
  • Options
    Oh got it. Hope the new tracker helps. Will be interesting to hear how it goes.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"