July 2015 Moms
Options

Sea food!!!

Its crab season. I have always been a seafood lover now im preggo 15 weeks i try to limit my intake. King crab here i come. Is anybody else craving seafood.

Re: Sea food!!!

• Options
    No not so much I'm craving steak medium rare. I'm going to eat it and enjoy it too :D I know what they say but a well done steak is gross. Enjoy your sea food now I might get some shrimp too ;)
  • Options
    Awwwe i agree can never go wrong with a steak. Enjoy yourself
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm alllllllll about the seafood. I haven't been able to stomach red meat. I'm actually pretty excited for crawfish!
  • Options
    Is it okay to eat seafood? I love shrimp especially fried shrimp and also cocktail with shrimp and octopus. I don't plan on eating this every week just here and there
  • Options

Is it okay to eat seafood? I love shrimp especially fried shrimp and also cocktail with shrimp and octopus. I don't plan on eating this every week just here and there

It is fine. I wouldn't eat it everyday but everything in moderation
  • Options
    I love seafood! I have been craving cajun style shrimp! :D
  • Options
    mrspark812mrspark812 member
    edited January 2015
    There are certain fish that you want to avoid because they have higher levels of mercury. These are mainly your big fish like shark, swordfish and mackerel. Tuna can be a concern but if you limit your intake to one can of tuna a week you should be fine. 

Here is a website with good information specifically on mercury in fish:
    Please excuse typos....auto correct hates me. =)

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerDS Born 7.15.15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There are certain fish that you want to avoid because they have higher levels of mercury. These are mainly your big fish like shark, swordfish and mackerel. Tuna can be a concern but if you limit your intake to one can of tuna a week you should be fine. 

Here is a website with good information specifically on what sea food is safe:
    Even with the high mercury fish a serving every now and then is fine
  • Options
    Damn, now I want steak and crab. You guys are mean! :)
  • Options
    I live in the south. I eat seafood often. Dr isn't concerned at all.
  • Options
    Now thats what im talking about. Yummy its friday so and ive been waiting for crab season i want to go out and have me a good dinner
  • Options
    I would love tuna tartar. Seems to always be a special when my husband and I go out to dinner. He's nice enough not to order it and eat it in front of me!
  • Options
    Eat the crab! This pregnancy I've had a seafood tower with shrimp, oysters, lobster, crab. I've had tuna sandwiches and sushi and I don't worry myself about it. I eat at places I trust and in moderation, enjoy the seafood woman.
  • Options
    Southern Louisiana mom to be here so I eat seafood pretty regularly. Doctor isn't really concerned. Can't wait for some crawfish!! Yum!!
  • Options
    I'm soooo ready for boiled crawfish!!!
  • Options
    I have been wanting seafood too & just keeping it in moderation--shrimp, scallops, crab--sooooo good
  • Options
    I live in New England, I am SO looking forward to clam bakes, lobster, and chowder! But that all comes back around really until around May... So I have to wait! But I'm craving it like crazy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"