Toddlers: 24 Months+

Car Seat Configuration

I am interested in hearing what has worked for others. In May, I will have a 2 year old and a newborn. I am trying to figure out the best places to place the convertible and infant car seat. We have a Honda Odyssey and right now, the convertible car seat is behind the driver's seat. I am not sure if the best place to put the infant seat is on one of the sides (which is best) or in the middle seat. Also, what order do you get your kids out of the car? Newborn in infant carrier, first or second?

Thank you!

Re: Car Seat Configuration

• I've got the infant behind the driver and the toddler on the passenger side. If the baby is staying in the carrier, I get the toddler out first and he either stands next to me with a hand on the side of the car while I get the carrier out, or waits on the sidewalk in front of or next to the car if that is an option. If I'm wearing the infant and taking her out of the carrier, she goes out first so I can out her one me and then the toddler gets out.
  • I usually place my infant carrier on The hardest to get to spot. Meaning my toddlers get in the easiest while I'm holding/protecting my infant. So for us it depends on garage configuration usually. Right now I have the youngest behind the passenger, my older two one in the back row and one behind driver. That way I can shuffle them into the car without them touching everything in the garage while holding the baby. When getting out I usually get the infant seat out first and get a cart to put her in and then get the bigger girls, or hold their hands for whatever.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • I just purchased new car seats b/c I want to keep my kids RF'ing as long as possible. I was on the Facebook group-Car Seats for the LIttles and carseatblog.com

There were car seat techs there that gave good advice.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• we have an odyssey. when we had two kids my older son was rear facing behind passenger seat and the infant base was in the middle. now my oldest is forward facing in the third row and the middle row configuration is the same. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My kids are 2 1/2 years apart and I have an Odyssey. My younger child DD is on the passenger side and older child DS is on the drivers side. When I put them in I go to the passenger side first, let DS in, and he climbs over to his seat. I buckle DD in and close the door. Both kids are safe in the closed car while I walk around. Then I go to the drivers side, buckle DS, and I'm right there at my door to drive. Similar when I get out of the car. I unbuckle DS and close the door. Both kids are safe inside. I walk around and get DD and DS is there waiting for me. We've done this for over two years and it works well. Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"