Baby Names
Options

Help naming second son

Hello, my name is Brandy and I have one DS and am expecting my second in June. I am looking for something that flows nicely with my son's name and sounds good with my last name. My son's name is Alexander Michael Conlin (all are family names) and goes by the nn of Xander. The baby's last name will be Nelson. So far my top three are Oliver, Simon, and Sebastian, however no one in my family likes them and have tried to come up with a million reasons not to use any of them; the biggest one possibly being that even I'm not in love with how any of them sound with the last name...thanks for your input in advance.

Re: Help naming second son

• Options
    I think those are all nice names, but maybe the repeated "n" ending is what is throwing it off for you?

Pierce
    Wesley
    Luca
    Wyatt
    Bennett
    Jace
    Samuel
    Reid
    Felix
    Augustus/August/Auggie
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely add some of these to the list. I thought it would be so much easier with another boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    edited January 2015
    I agree, it's probably the double N sounds/endings that are bothering you, even though they're all great names

Miles
    Caleb
    Micah
    Patrick
    Gabriel
    Thomas
    Dominic
    Elliott
    Ezra
    Noah
    Bennett
    Anthony
    Graham
    Pierce
    Rhys
    Reid
    Alistair
    Jack
    James
    Isaac
    Maxwell nn Max
    Liam

Edit: removed Nathan/Nathaniel nn Nate...don't think Nathan Nelson would work haha
  • Options
    Alistair is one my mom really likes and is growing on me. It is the Scottish form of Alexander and that I thought was interesting. I like Nathan also but passed for the same reason ☺ thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad I have time still to work on this. Lol
  • Options
    I like Oliver. Naf of the other two.
  • Options
    I really like Alistair and Sebastian. My friends son is named Sebastian and we call him Seb for short. Follow you gut. My sons name is Tucker and we had some issues with rude comment a from BIL and SIL. They even threatened to only call him by his middle name. Since he's been born they have called him Tucker.
  • Options
    Of your three choices, I would pick Oliver to pair with Nelson. I agree that the other two sound odd with your LN. Other ideas:

Augustus
    Dennis
    Dexter
    Edgar
    Felix
    Jack
    John
    Louis
    Seth

• Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I appreciate the help. My sister suggested I name him Sue last night. Her favorite Johnny Cash song. So I'm glad to have more sane input!
  • Options
    No one gets a vote except you and your DH! Quit telling your family the names and pick what you love. I love Oliver in particular!
  • Options
    I like all your names but Oliver sounds the best with your last name. Stop sharing names with your family. They don't get a vote in naming your son.

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Options
    My family is my only support so I do appreciate and value their input most of the time. And since I am a single mom they are really the only people I've had to bouce ideas off. The father chose not to be involved at all and while I thought having the decision be all mine would be easier, it has actually made it harder. But thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    I like all three!! Don't listen to the poo poo-ers!
  • Options
    I really like Oliver! I like the -er ending with the last name. I saw Alistair being thrown around, but for me that would be way too close to Alexander.
  • Options
    Oliver works great with your last name.

I love Alistair, but think it's unfair to both of your kids to use it, since it's a variation of Alexander.

Ambrose
    Benjamin
    Conrad
    Clarence
    Christopher
    Daniel
    Gabriel
    Ethan
    Nicholas
    Zachary

• Options
    Lucas
    Jude
    Carter
    Joel
    Isaac
    Theodore
    Phillip
    Wyatt
    Grady
    Stewart
    John
    Joseph
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional suggestions! I really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"