1st Trimester
Options

Mom's with LO(s)

Like many first time mothers, my lo is my heartbeat. My dh and I are thrilled she will finally be a big sister, but already concerned and over thinking ways she can be involved. She has lovingly ruled our home and attention for nearly 4 years.

Any fun ideas out there on how to make our final months as a family of 3 special while also preparing her for the big changes that are coming?

Interested in some creative ideas!

Re: Mom's with LO(s)

• Options
    Involve her with all things baby. Make sure she feels like the baby is hers too. Take her to appointments, let her choose baby gear or clothing, let her help with finding a name. It's going to be hard for her on some level when the baby is born, but if she feels involved, it should be easier.
  • Options

I plan on playing a bunch with her baby dolls.  One of the biggest changes I found that was hard for DS when we brought home DD was that he had to share both me and his toys.  Another mom suggested making them wait a few minutes for what they want.  Also working on independence and praise her for being a big girl.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great points ladies, all things to keep in mind. She's really excited but I know it will be a difficult transition for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"