June 2015 Moms

21 weeks Pomegranate

uh, how is the Bump correct when they state a 21 week old fetus is the size of 10.5" pomegranate??!! Pomegranates are never that larger. Average size of a pomegranate is anywhere from 5-14cm!?!
:-/

Re: 21 weeks Pomegranate

• I wonder this every week about the fruit. None of the sizes make sense unless they are measuring GMO super fruit. Lol.
  • Me toooo!! Last week it was a banana, to me a banana is bigger than a pomegranite. Bad fruit selection
  • Loading the player...
  • Hahaha! Yea, I thought, "I would LOvE to have a 10.5" pomegranate!!"
  • I'm hungry now lol
  • The fruits never make sense to me either! How is a pomegranate bigger than last week's banana?!

One of my other pregnancy apps says my baby is the size of a cantaloupe this week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I normally like the fruits because it gives my kids something to relate too. This week I just told them two pomegranates. One of my other apps has a small cantaloupe for week 20 and a banana for week 21.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Angel baby 3/2014 at 5.5 weeks
    Angel baby 6/2014 MMC at 7.5 weeks
  • It makes zero sense.
  • Perhaps they were shooting more towards the weight of the fruit as a comparison rather than the size? Although it still seems off.

Either way I appreciate the fruit images though, it keeps me thinking about healthy snacks! :)
  • Did anyone else notice that some of the sizes they say the baby would measure at can't possibly be right anyway? How does baby go from 6.5" at 20 weeks to 10.5" at 21 weeks? True, they're all growing at their own rate, but to have a 4" jump when they were averaging a .5" a week before bothers me.
  • Week 13 was an epic fail by Bump. Said the baby was "0.8 ounces...a half pound!" Uh, no. 8 ounces is a half pound. Only off by 6 weeks, awesome. Who is the intern that writes these scripts?
  • Yeah my DD loves to see how big the baby is and even she doesn't understand how a mango is bigger than a sweet potato...Maybe we just grow giant sweet potatoes here.
  • Frogger5 said:

Mirage86 said:

Did anyone else notice that some of the sizes they say the baby would measure at can't possibly be right anyway? How does baby go from 6.5" at 20 weeks to 10.5" at 21 weeks? True, they're all growing at their own rate, but to have a 4" jump when they were averaging a .5" a week before bothers me.

It says on there somewhere - until 20 weeks the baby is measured crown to rump, afterwards it's head to toe. So basically the jump is adding the legs in.
    Ok, that makes more sense! One of my other pregnancy apps has been listing smaller growth jumps that seemed more consistent. I didn't realize that the methods for measuring the baby changed.
  • Mirage86 said:

Frogger5 said:

Mirage86 said:

Did anyone else notice that some of the sizes they say the baby would measure at can't possibly be right anyway? How does baby go from 6.5" at 20 weeks to 10.5" at 21 weeks? True, they're all growing at their own rate, but to have a 4" jump when they were averaging a .5" a week before bothers me.

It says on there somewhere - until 20 weeks the baby is measured crown to rump, afterwards it's head to toe. So basically the jump is adding the legs in.
    Ok, that makes more sense! One of my other pregnancy apps has been listing smaller growth jumps that seemed more consistent. I didn't realize that the methods for measuring the baby changed.
    They don't explain why they do it that way that I can find. I don't get it!
  • My ovia app said I was a tangy pomegranate at week 17 (I'm 19w 2d) the same app says baby is a zucchini this week where the bump says mango. Who knows, some weeks they measure the same, most weeks I have 2 different fruits/vegetables. DH is going to be confused when I tell him week 21 is pomegranate again!
  • It's better than the week it was an onion.  Like really, couldn't think of anything better than an onion?
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • ajgerber said:
    It's better than the week it was an onion.  Like really, couldn't think of anything better than an onion?
    LOL!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think the fruit is for the length of the baby (sometimes the ruler graphic will be on the diagonal) - I felt similarly "demoted" when we went from Mango to Banana (mangos seem larger in my head) but then when I looked at the length it actually made sense (plus the banana I happened to be eating that morning was exactly 6.5" long - guess I picked out a good average sized one!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"