February 2015 Moms
Options

Fundal and ultrasound measurements mean nothing.

digwriterdigwriter member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 Moms
As some of you may know my ob and US techs have spent most of my pregnancy telling me how huge my baby would be and how concerned they were about the safety of my going full term.

Well, I didn't agree to induce and didn't even go for a sweep and guess what? I just had a 7 pound 13 ounce baby. Perfectly normal in size. Complication free vag delivery.

Of course every situation is different and there are cases when babies are legitimacy large, but based on the fact that they were wrong about both DD1 and DD2 I've decided that these measurements mean nothing.
BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fundal and ultrasound measurements mean nothing.

• Options
    I've always known this but to hear it from someone on here who experienced it so recent puts me a little at ease. Doctors have said my baby was large all throughout this pregnancy. Wednesday they told me he weighs 8.1 pounds at 36w3d. Here's to hoping that calculation is off!
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on the safe arrival of your LO! 

I totally agree, those measurements mean nothing. I don't know why doctors even bother to try and use them, they're wrong so often. 
  • Options
    Congratulations!! So glad to hear the delivery went well!!
  • Options
    It really does seem that their measurements are wrong more than right from my experience too.
  • Options
    I don't know why they seem so ready to believe numbers that are often inaccurate.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My doc agrees they aren't very helpful. He advised me not to get the ultrasound to get babies weight for the exact reason. I have GD and have been controlling it through diet. He's not worried about a big baby and says if I have it done and it claimes baby is large, he have to recommend c section. Too many times he seen them be way off and cause unnecessary interventions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"