Options

Car Seats

2»

Re: Car Seats

• Options
    amhowell14amhowell14 member
    edited January 2015
    maplebaby said:

What about Uppa Baby Mesa? It has really good ratings. Had Chicco Keyfit with DD #2, and it was ok, just heavy.

I like the Mesa, LOVE the stroller :-) We are getting the new 2015 Vista stroller.

Quote fail:

Thanks! Yes, we're getting the Uppa Baby Vista as well. Just have to decide on color. ;)
  • Options
    Anyone have an opinion on the Evenflo Nuture? I'm obsessed with finding an infant seat that's made in the USA. Not too many options. I haven't seen any in person yet, but might head out today. We're not really planning on carrying the baby around in it much, so weight isn't a huge concern, and we won't be moving it from car to car all that often, either. Thanks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maplebaby‌ I was told that the b safe elite does not have a European belt path. Since there maybe a time we dont use a base should we choose a seat that has this option? I know it has the regular belt path but I feel like the European is safer. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    ruby2315ruby2315 member
    edited February 2015
    @maplebaby - On the CSFTL site, is it safe to assume that any car seat in their "compare rear facing only seats" section is recommended by the site? It looks that way to me, but I couldn't find confirmation of this on their page. If you have further information about this, I'd appreciate it! 

For the record, the car seat I've had my eye on is the Graco Snugride Click Connect 30. If it comes recommended by CSFTL, it looks like I might be on the right track! If you (or anyone else responding to this) has personal experiences with this carseat and would like to give me some feedback, it'd be very welcome! FTM here, so my experience with anything carseat related is very limited, haha. 
    I just ordered the SnugRide Click Connect 30 as part of a travel system.  FTM and it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't speak to how it actually holds up, but it appears to have good ratings.  I was considering the Classic Connect, but it didn't seem to have much padding.  The only negative things I've heard about the Click Connect 30 is that the canopy isn't huge, but that's not a major concern for me.  If it's terribly sunny, the baby can wear a hat or sunglasses.
  • Options
    @maplebaby‌ I was told that the b safe elite does not have a European belt path. Since there maybe a time we dont use a base should we choose a seat that has this option? I know it has the regular belt path but I feel like the European is safer. Am I wrong?
    I would have no problems installing the B-Safe baseless with an American belt path.  The Elite has signifiant side impact protection in the seat itself, and that is not lost with a baseless install. The European belt path provides more support to the back of the seat (reducing downward force), but can be difficult to use in some cars (if the belt is not long enough). It's not a deal bearer for me.  BUT if you are looking for a seat with a no-rethread harness, and side-impact protection that is comparable to the B-Safe Elite, and allows the European belt path, I would suggest the Cybex Aton Q+. 
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Anyone familiar with Peg Perego? I'm really liking the looks of and features of  their Book Pop Up stroller and their primo viaggio 4-35 infant carseat...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are going with the chicco keyfit 30. It's great for fitting small newborns, and lasts longer than many other newborn seats
  • Options

@nicnnatesmom‌ The AP was too big for my car so make sure you check sizing first - they also have the Mico, which would have fit, and was super lightweight ( and comes in adorable colors), however, I wanted one that could snap in to a lightweight stroller base, and the Maxi cosi stroller option...frankly I thought it sucked.

I am thinking about getting the Mico also, but to use with the Mamas and Papas armadillo stroller which is light weight, and its really nice looking in my opinion. It just requires an adaptor for the mico car seat to work with it
  • Options
    @maplebaby‌ Thank you for this thread. DH and I were also going to go with the Graco Click Connect 30 (it comes in orange! squee!) and had planned on cross checking the various safety organizations, etc, and going to to fire dept to have them teach us how to install it (my OBs office says they have someone who will teach you). However, you have made this a very easy procedure, with literal 1 step to a certified organization and help to be sure our instructor is certified too. FTM here, also, and sometimes i feel like I'm bumbling around looking for information, and are sometimes made to feel like a clueless a-hole if I ask someone. So truly, thanks for the links. ❤
  • Options
    @maplebaby‌ , thank you for the most useful & informative thread I've seen on this site in quite awhile!
    Was reading thru and saw a comment stating you can not use the Latch system in a middle seat. Is this true? I have a Britax Marathon in a middle seat of our GMC envoy Danali using Latch system. Does it depend in the car model or do I have it installed incorrectly?
  • Options
    @maplebaby do you have any thoughts on peg Perego? We will probably be gifted the peg perego book pop up and prime viaggio infant car seat. Also thinking of getting the peg perego 5-70 convertible. We have small cars so we really like the side on both and had some great reviews online although not as many as other brands. Interested to know what you think.
  • Options
    Have you heard/read anything about the Doona? It's supposed to be a car seat and stroller in one. The idea is very appealing, but I'm skeptical about it's safety. As of right now it is only available in the UK, but it's supposed to be coming out in the US this spring. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. TIA!
  • Options
    Thanks i just signed up for the class at my county's environment health department.
  • Options
    FTM here I got a car seat when we purchased our travel system. :) question is my sister suggested I register for my next seat so a convertible one. I am just wondering of anyone has any suggestions I drive a car so would want a narrower style one is about all I know.
  • Options
    Has anyone started looking at moving from an infant seat to a convertible car seat yet? Our infant seat weight limit is 25 pounds but it just looks too small for him. I have started looking at convertibles but I'm not even sure where to begin. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    cheriep3 said:

Has anyone started looking at moving from an infant seat to a convertible car seat yet? Our infant seat weight limit is 25 pounds but it just looks too small for him. I have started looking at convertibles but I'm not even sure where to begin. Any recommendations?

I have. Our parents are getting us two for Christmas. LO hates the infant seat (the position aggrivates her reflux) and since she weighs 18 lbs now, even though the seat is good to 30lbs, it has almost list it's value as a carrier...it's just so heavy to lug her around in it.

I read through the suggestions on Lucieslist.com and then started in on amazon reviews. I think we're going with the maxi-cosi Pria 70. It's not as large as other seats (DH drives a pickup truck with an extended, nut not full crew cab), it's made of breathable material (LO always gets really sweaty in her seat), and the seat cover is easily removed and nachine washable...good for a barfy baby.
  • Options
    The maxi cosis have been recalled in Australia so triple check with maxi cosy that this issue isn't happening with US issued car seats https://www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/car-seat-safety/car-seat-laws-and-regulations/news/safety-recall-australia.aspx