Breastfeeding

Will solids help?

My baby is 5 months old and seems to still be hungry after nursing. I talked to day care about it, and they said he also seems to still be hungry after bottles. I give them everything I pump the day before, which is usually 3-3oz bottles for 7:30 - 5:30 and I go up there to nurse him at lunch. The fussiness after eating tends to happen in the evenings only. During weekends, he eats well during the day (usually) and he's fine during MOTN feedings. I would think this might just be a growth spurt, but it's been going on for 1.5 - 2 months now.

I've asked for advice, and lots of people are telling me to start solids. (We weren't planning on starting until 6 months since he's EBF.) My question is, if I do start solids, will that help fill his tummy up? Or do babies typically continue taking in the same amount of milk since the solids aren't a huge part of their diet? I really, really want to avoid supplementing with formula because I'm afraid once I start doing that, I'll start feeling incredibly defeated and quit. I love nursing, but seven more months of fears that I'm not feeding my baby enough is not looking great right now.
BabyFruit Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"