April 2014 Moms
Options

Sleep

Before reading I'm not looking for criticism or hate. I just want some feedback if you've been in the same situation or have any helpful advice.

My husband and I are still living in the one bedroom we had before our daughter. (We've been looking for a 2 bedroom in our area with no luck to be found)
Anyway, she's just a few weeks shybof 10 months and still wakes in the middle of the night for a bottle. She's also still sleeping in our room because of our living situation. She goes down every night just before 7 and has been waking up at 4. At that time she could stay up for hours. Throughout the whole day she eats her solids and has her bottles.
Now we've tried letting her cry it out but again due to living conditions it has its limits.
What have you done or tried that has worked? Just looking for similar situations with some advice.
TIA :)

Re: Sleep

• Options
    Here's the thing, 7-4 is a solid block of sleep. I know a few ladies on here have early risers. I'm sure you do this but I minimize any kind of stimulation when he wakes up MOTN. No lights on etc. it usually works. Sometimes he's up and I have to rock him back to sleep but my guy is still up 2x per night so I know he's tired. Few times we had to get up with him for an hour and let him wear himself out. It's hard but ya gotta what you have to.
  • Options
    Our little one was waking early (4-5) when she went to bed at 7, so we pushed her bedtime to. We also started putting her to sleep awake (we did soothe her to sleep until she was 8 months).
    With the later bedtime and her going to sleep awake, she started sleeping until 6 or 7. Everything I read said an earlier bedtime=more sleep but that wasn't the case with mine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe the 4/5 am wake up is fairly normal. My son wakes up at 4/5 every single day and he looks to be wide awake, I nurse/rock him back to sleep and he'll usually go down for another hour or 2. 

also, I'm incredibly jealous of your 7-4. DS is up 2-3 times a night minimum
    ~Chrissy 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been going down around 8 lately - much earlier than normal. She wakes around 1 and again around 5. She's also still in our room. I have no advice because I'm right there with ya :)
  • Options
    My girls outgrew the 4 am waking recently. They are 10 months. Usually a bottle, with rocking and no lights on / minimal stimulation was enough and they would go back to sleep until 6 or 7. I've heard of replacing the milk with juice or water and slowly reducing how many oz you give but I never tried that. I figured they were having a growth spurt and needed to eat. Also, making sure they had adequate naps and enough to eat during the day helped as well. Good luck!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    7-4 is a good stretch! My LO usually sleeps 12 hours but lately with teething he's been waking up around 4. If he gets up, I keep the nursery dark, whispering only, diaper change, bottle, back to bed. We sleep trained him so sometimes he might be awake when I put him back to bed, but I just leave him and he babbles for a few minutes and goes back to sleep.

Not sure exactly what you've tried in regards to sleep training, but you might have to tough it out for a few nights before things get better.
  • Options
    We are still up a minimum of twice a night here, usually more, so no advice here.
  • Options
    My LO is still in our room because DS1 is in the only other bedroom in our house. We plan to put the boys together, but not until LO sleeps through the night. We still have a couple wake ups for feeding.

The only thing that helped us ALL sleep has been bed sharing. It isn't how we want things, but it works for right now. It is not an option we would have considered if we would have had the opportunity to put on the addition we need before this LO arrived.

Is bedsharing something you would consider? It would be sort of sweet to have baby snuggles for form 4 until whatever time you have to get up :)
  • Options

I would think about waking your LO up around 3 for a dreamfeed. If she's waking up hungry that will keep her belly full so she may not have to wake up until later. I would read Sleepeasy Solution for more info about this tactic.

And also, I'm wondering why you think you would get criticism or hate for asking a sleep question....?

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Wow ladies I can't thank you enough. She'll get up once maybe twice it really varies especially now that she's getting her top teeth. I guess I feel better knowing I'm not alone. Thank you again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"