February 2015 Moms
Options

Opinion on girl name

Not sure if I'm having a boy or girl, but if it's a girl, I'm loving Avery and middle name Moon. Our last name is 1 syllable so I think this would work. I like to add a nature name since my name is Dawn Jasmin.

Re: Opinion on girl name

• Options
    There's lots of options I think that go with Avery. I like Moon. I also like Luna and Sky. You could even do Avery Dawn. GL !
  • Options
    Moon is not my style, but it's not my kid and middle names aren't such a big deal if they're kind of different, anyway. Personally, I would go with Brooke for a nature name that's actually a name.
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Avery and I'm a big believer in middle names being sentimental/meaningful so I like Avery Moon :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jmcgra06 said:

Moon is not my style, but it's not my kid and middle names aren't such a big deal if they're kind of different, anyway. Personally, I would go with Brooke for a nature name that's actually a name.

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm going to second the name Luna, since it means 'moon' anyway. :) But if you like Moon, then go with Moon, like others have said, it's the middle name which isn't as big of a deal.
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Options
    I think Moon is lovely and could be better than Luna as it is too easy to make fun of eg lunatic loony etc. Maybe you could look up moon in another language? In any case I like Moon as the middle name!
  • Options
    Thanks for the inputs! I do like Luna..but I feel the flow is better with Moon. I'll keep checking
  • Options
    Luna was one of my picks. Moon is very trendy rt now. I know like 3 moms naming their daughters Moon
  • Options
    Because your last name is one syllable, be careful it's not too similar to Punky Brewster's name! Soleil Moon Frye. If I heard the name Avery Moon ____, that's the first thing that would come to mind for sure.
    Anniversary  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Go with Moon, if it's in your heart and you feel it's right then go with it. Who cares what these other people think!!
  • Options
    We recently found out we are having a daughter and we are giving her my great grandmothers name as a middle. I can't imagine using anything else even though a lot of people don't seem to like the name and would prefer we just went with something like Grace, Ann, etc.

Anyways! All to say don't worry about what people think. If Avery Moon feels right to you and has some meaning then do it and never second guess it :) It is not my personal style, but I don't hate it. Avery has grown on me for a girl, even though it is traditionally a male name. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Moon isn't my style. Too crunchy granola for me. I don't think it goes well with Avery.... I do love the name Avery though.
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @kkleigh10 - lol no not at all! We have had 3 ultrasounds actually. Our midwives will allow you to not have any as long as everything is going well, but we decided it would be reckless for us to not get an anatomy scan especially if we aren't delivering in a hospital. It's a personal decision, I respect any woman who declines.

No emergencies! Just a twist of fate. When we had the 20 week scan my husband was curious if we wanted to know if the tech would be right. He had her put it in an envelope. The envelope was too tempting so I gave it to my friend with some money to buy our take home outfit. She dropped off the outfit, tucked securely in a bubble mailer a few weeks ago. I had it sitting on it's side on the kitchen table with our other supplies ready for "go time". Never in my life have I had one of those mailers that I didn't have to straight up cut open, but somehow that dang thing came unglued! So I'm walking by the kitchen table and look down for one split second to discover a little rose covered hat peeking out. I shrieked and cried and all of that. It was a special moment! We were so patient waiting 38 weeks just to find out so close to the finish line haha!! 

Anyways, we were looking forward to the surprise but we are thrillllled to be having a healthy little girl! :) I think we may find out with future babes because knowing has made her feel so much more real, and now I totally get why people want to find out as soon as they can. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"